Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.
Here are some of the interesting facts about Facebook: Worldwide, there are over 1.79 billion monthly active Facebook users (Facebook MAUs) which is a 16 percent increase year over year. In the third quarter of 2012, the number of active Facebook users had surpassed 1 billion.
On average, the Like and Share Buttons are viewed across almost 10 million websites daily. (Source: Facebook as of 10/2/2014)
In Europe, over 307 million people are on Facebook.
Age 25 to 34, at 29.7% of users, is the most common age demographic.
Five new profiles are created every second.
On the other side, there are very interesting statistics regarding the most followed Facebook profiles in BiH, here they are:
- Amel Meca Družanović 296,000+ followers (comedian/youtuber)
- Haris Aščalić 116,000+ followers (genius, programmer)
- Agić Billy Senaid 100,000+ followers (humanitarian)
- Ajdin Hasanić 77,000+ followers (youtuber)
- Haris Berković 76,000+ followers (singer)
- Alen Agić 75,000+ followers (writer)
- Jasmin Fazlić 59,000+ followers (singer)
- Azra Kolaković 58,000+ followers (singer)
- Aldin Begović 57,000+ followers (musician)
- Ibro Bublin 55,000+ followers (singer)
(Source: ST/ zephoria.com/ statistics by: Haris Aščalić)