By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The Russian Owners of the only Oil Refinery in BiH caused Loss measured in Millions
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > BUSINESS > The Russian Owners of the only Oil Refinery in BiH caused Loss measured in Millions
BUSINESSWORLD NEWS

The Russian Owners of the only Oil Refinery in BiH caused Loss measured in Millions

Published November 16, 2022
Share
SHARE

The only motor oil refinery in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), which is owned by Russia, is losing millions and is facing lawsuits from former workers.

The accumulated loss of the Refinery in Modrica at the end of September of this year amounted to more than 109 million BAM (about 55 million euros), according to the financial report published on the website of the Banja Luka Stock Exchange.

According to the Trade Union, 186 people currently work in the refinery, and there were 540 at the time of privatization in 2007. Since then, the refinery has been majority owned by the Russian company ”NeftGazinKor”, which is engaged in the production and trade of oil and oil derivatives.

Problems started with privatization

”The entire municipality of Modrica lived off the refinery. It seems to me that there were 900 of us when I started working. Everyone was helped, and funds wre given for sports and local communities. Since privatization, everything has gone from bad to worse and the refinery can no longer help anyone,” says 55-year-old Djordje Vidakovic.

He is one of the eight workers who sued the refinery in February of this year due to the termination of the employment contract.

”They gave us tests, I guess to see if we know how to work. This actually meant that we were forcing each other out of work. We didn’t agree, we signed and handed in blank papers. They fired everyone and hired three people who had never been in that position,” Vidakovic adds.

Jovica Milankovic was dismissed from work a year ago as well, after more than 20 years of work at the refinery. Today, he is at the employment office and is among the workers who sued the company.

”On the papers, it says that we were fired due to economic reasons. Other people are now sitting in our workplaces. The refinery is a ”milk cow” and there is money. The world used to enter it with a smile, but now it’s like going to a funeral,”Milankovic stated.

Dismissal of workers without warning

Until April of this year, Milijana Sabljic was employed in the personnel department of the Modrica refinery. She says that she was fired without prior discussions or warning from the management.

”The new systematization just came to my hands and I saw that my job position was not available. They assigned it to a man who had graduated from the seminary, and they did not offer me any alternative,” she said, Radio Slobodna Evropa reports.

E.Dz.

Can Sanela Jenkins get Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones in Sarajevo?

The Red Weather Alarm in Croatia is still on Today

The Day when the only Bosnian lifted Trophy of the UEFA Cup

Dukanovic answers Vucic: Srebrenica is not the Yard of Serbia, but the Yard of Bosnia

BiH Utility Company, despite the Judgments of the Court of BiH, gives Jobs to the Chinese

TAGGED:#BiH#bosnia#business#news#oil
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Newly elected Members of BiH Presidency take the solemn Oath
Next Article The ’Eight’ and HDZ Party presented Joint Document on Government Formation
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Three Decades of Diplomatic Relations Celebrated at Japan’s National Day Reception
February 17, 2026
Chairman of BiH Presidency meets the newly appointed Ambassador of Saudi Arabia to BiH
February 17, 2026
With Nihad Uk’s Resignation, Our Party Distances Itself from the Troika
February 17, 2026
Young People demand Responsibility and the Right to Protest, Accusations against the Minister
February 17, 2026
EU Introduces Customs Duties on Packages Worth Less Than €150 – What It Means for Online Shopping from BiH
February 17, 2026
Analysis: Statistical Overview of the State of the Labor Market in BiH
February 17, 2026
EUFOR Commander and Helez agree to strengthen Training and Interoperability of the Armed Forces of BiH
February 17, 2026
Carriers Demand Urgent Session of BiH CoM, Warn of New Protests and Border Blockades
February 17, 2026
New Factory to Open 15 Jobs in BiH Through Austrian Investment
February 17, 2026
Ella Jovanovic’s Condition Stabilizing, but Remains Serious
February 17, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?