The session of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina is officially scheduled for Thursday, February 9, and it is expected that the first dismissals could be on the agenda, including the dismissal of the director and deputy director of the Intelligence-Security Agency of BiH (OSA).
The agenda of this week’s session is not available on the official website of the BiH Council of Ministers, but Minister of Foreign Affairs of BiH and President of People and Justice (NiP) Elemedin Konaković, after the constituent session held last week, announced the possibility of the dismissal of OSA director Osman Mehmedagić and deputy director Trifko Buha.
“The issue of procedure in this regard is completely clear. It will happen quickly because the law requires it. I expect that at the next session, we will dismiss director Mehmedagić and appoint a new director and his deputy,” said Konaković on February 2.
He also said that the policies of the new coalition formed after the parliamentary elections held in October can not be implemented by people they do not trust.
Who will succeed Mehmedagić is still a matter of speculation but it is known that the leadership of OSA should go to the parties gathered around the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Our Party and NiP. The names mentioned are Almir Džuvo, former director of OSA and Erduan Kafedžić, the incumbent Head of the Anti-Corruption and Quality Control Office of the Sarajevo Canton. SNSD should propose the candidate for the deputy director of OSA, and the most frequently mentioned name is Risto Zarić.