By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: 127 Aftershocks recorded in Istanbul
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > 127 Aftershocks recorded in Istanbul
WORLD NEWS

127 Aftershocks recorded in Istanbul

Published April 24, 2025
Share
©️Anadolu news agency
SHARE

A powerful earthquake measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale struck Istanbul on Wednesday. At least 236 people were injured, officials said.

The epicenter of the quake was in Istanbul’s Silivri district, according to the Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD).

The quake was felt across Istanbul, home to more than 15 million people, and neighboring provinces, sending residents fleeing their buildings in fear, Anadolu reported.

The quake struck at a depth of nearly seven kilometers and lasted 13 seconds, Interior Minister Ali Yerlikaya said.

The governor’s office added that 236 people were injured after jumping from a height in panic.

They were hospitalized, but none were in life-threatening condition.

“As of 5:55 p.m., 127 aftershocks have been recorded, the largest of which was 5.9,” Yerlikaya said.

Minister of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change Murat Kurum said that “a total of 378 reports of structural damage have been received so far based on confidential requests submitted to the emergency line”.

– Our teams from the Provincial Directorate of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change have identified evacuation requests for nine houses – he added.

AFAD said that after assessing the reports received by the 112 Emergency Center, there are currently no reports of casualties or destruction.

The agency said that all relevant institutions and response teams have been mobilized, and that scanning of the terrain is underway to assess potential damage and ensure public safety.

They warned citizens not to enter buildings that are damaged or suspected to have been damaged by the tremors, to avoid using vehicles unnecessarily and to refrain from using mobile networks except in emergencies.

The White House: Sending US Troops to Iran is not currently in the Plan

New Drone Sighting disrupts Flights at Brussels and Liege Airports

Momir’s “Wood Beetle” covered with 21.000 Oak Planks

Pettigrew: Urgent Constitutional Reforms Needed to Safeguard Democracy and Rule of Law in BiH

How was Flood Aid Donation Money spent in BiH after Floods in 2014?

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Police still in front of the Republika Srpska Government Building
Next Article Becirovic spoke with President Mattarella: “Italy condemns the anti-constitutional Laws of the RS Entity”
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Discover the Forgotten Gates of Sarajevo: Secrets and the Influence of Austro-Hungarian Architecture
April 30, 2026
American Production Company to Chronicle BiH’s Historic Road to the World Cup
April 30, 2026
Sad Anniversary: Graham Bamford burnt himself alive because of the Killing in BiH
April 30, 2026
Stanisic Seeks Early Release After Serving Two-Thirds of Sentence
April 30, 2026
Remember the Restaurant “Putin” in Banja Luka? A Café Dedicated to Donald Trump to Open Nearby
April 30, 2026
A Mosque without a Single Nail: A Gem of Sacred Architecture in Buzim
April 30, 2026
Transport to the EU on the Verge of Collapse, 70% of BiH’s Foreign Trade at Risk
April 30, 2026
The BiH Presidency adopts the Annual Report of the Central Bank of BiH
April 29, 2026
Call Centres dismantled and Ten arrested in EUR 50 Million Online Fraud Case
April 29, 2026
TI BiH: Bosnia and Herzegovina risks losing 373 Million Euros
April 29, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?