By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Another Baby dies in Gaza due to extreme Cold and Humanitarian Blockade
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Another Baby dies in Gaza due to extreme Cold and Humanitarian Blockade
WORLD NEWS

Another Baby dies in Gaza due to extreme Cold and Humanitarian Blockade

Published: January 10, 2026
Share
©️Anadolu Agency
SHARE

Another newborn baby has died in the Gaza Strip due to extreme cold, while Israel’s blockade of basic necessities further deepens the humanitarian crisis in the Palestinian enclave.

Medical sources confirmed to Al Jazeera on Saturday that seven-day-old boy Mahmoud Al-Aqraa died in Deir el-Balah, central Gaza, due to a sudden drop in temperature.

Palestinians living in makeshift tents are almost completely unprotected from strong wind and rain, as the shelters are made of thin canvas and plastic. Israel continues to restrict the entry of tents and more permanent shelters into Gaza, violating the ceasefire agreement reached with Hamas in October. The entry of mobile homes, as well as tools and materials needed to repair damaged tents, is also blocked.

Night temperatures in Gaza have dropped to nine degrees Celsius in recent days.

The Civil Protection of Gaza announced on Friday that “every cyclone turns into a humanitarian disaster due to the ban on the entry of construction materials and the suspension of reconstruction”. The organization warned of a “catastrophe” caused by low pressure that caused serious damage to temporary shelters, with thousands of tents completely destroyed.

Civil protection called on citizens to additionally secure tents so that strong winds do not blow them away, given that mobile homes are not allowed.

“What is happening is not a time crisis, but a direct consequence of the ban on the entry of construction materials and the suspension of reconstruction. People are living in torn tents and cracked houses, without security and dignity,” said Civil Protection spokesman Mahmoud Basal.

He added that Palestinians are forced to pitch tents on the beach due to lack of space inside the cities, which were largely destroyed by Israeli attacks.

Al Jazeera journalist Hind Khoudary, reporting from Gaza City, said many of the tents she visited were completely destroyed. “There is no way to repair these tents because the families don’t have the necessary materials,” she said, adding that people whose shelters were destroyed are forced to look for new places to stay and are constantly re-displaced.

Meteorological services in Gaza have warned that strong winds are expected to continue and temperatures will further drop.

The director of the Palestinian Network of Non-Governmental Organizations in Gaza, Amjad Shawa, told AFP last week that about 1.5 million of Gaza’s total population of 2.2 million were left homeless during the war. Of the more than 300,000 tents that were requested to take care of the displaced, “only 60,000 have arrived,” Shawa emphasized, pointing to Israeli restrictions on the delivery of humanitarian aid.

In a separate incident, an Israeli quadcopter drone killed a Palestinian man who was taken to a hospital in Khan Younis, southern Gaza, medical sources confirmed to Al Jazeera.

According to the United Nations, almost 80 percent of the buildings in Gaza have been destroyed or damaged during the two-year war that Israel is waging against the enclave.

Croatian shipyard workers stage another strike over salaries
Netflix Star found dead in her Home, she was only 24 Years Old
French Intelligence: The Explosion in the Hospital in Gaza was not the Result of an Israeli Attack
BiH Prosecutor’s Office brought more than Thousand Indictments for serious Violations of the IHL
Over 7,000 Foreign Workers working in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Kyiv without Electricity, Water and Heating after new Russian Attacks
Next Article The Normalisation of the Unconstitutional: January 9 and the Silence of the Prosecutor’s Office
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
BiH opens Border Crossing, but also a Path to a new Crisis at the State Level
May 21, 2026
Livno Mayor received the Ambassador of the Netherlands to BiH
May 21, 2026
Schmidt: Bosnia and Herzegovina Must Decide Whether It Wants to Preserve or Undermine Its Future
May 21, 2026
The Process of Collecting Documentation on the Environmental Conditions in Vares has begun
May 21, 2026
Swedish Embassy launches Project for Young first-time Voters
May 21, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with the Head of the Islamic Community in BiH
May 21, 2026
Political Blockades Stall BiH: About One Billion Euros from the EU Still Unavailable
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?