By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Croatian Film about War Crimes in BiH nominated for Oscar
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > ARTS > CULTURE > Croatian Film about War Crimes in BiH nominated for Oscar
ARTSCULTURE

Croatian Film about War Crimes in BiH nominated for Oscar

Published: January 23, 2025
Share
SHARE

The film directed by Nebojša Slijepčević “The Man Who could not remain Silent” was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Short Film by the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

This is the first nomination of a Croatian film for a prestigious award since the independence of Croatia, HAVC reported.

“I’m overjoyed that we got the nomination, but it’s still a bit incomprehensible to me. I’ll probably only fully understand what we’ve done when we pack our bags for Los Angeles. Throughout this long Oscar campaign, the exceptional support of the entire film community meant a lot to me. That’s why I especially want to thank all our filmmakers who wholeheartedly supported us, who talked about our film, shared clips from the film on social networks and invited AMPAS voters to our projections,” said Nebojša Slijepčević on the occasion of the announcement of the nomination.

“With this nomination, Nebojša Slijepčević and the entire crew of the film ‘The Man Who Couldn’t remain Silent’ wrote Croatia in golden letters in the history of world cinema. The members of the American Academy recognized the high-quality and strong author’s style, as well as the importance of the topic that Slijepčević’s film deals with. I thank you for your incredible effort and the work that the Man team put into promoting the film in the US, in very difficult and unpredictable conditions, and we are honored to have had the opportunity to help in the entire process,” he said Director of the Croatian Audiovisual Center, Kris Marčić.

“The Man Who Couldn’t remain silent” was qualified for an Oscar nomination thanks to the Palme d’Or it won at Cannes, as well as the Grand Prix it won at the Melbourne International Film Festival, and inclusion in the selection of the Manhattan Short Festival.

180 titles from all over the world were qualified for the “fight” for the nomination in the short feature film category. The film is also the winner of the European Film Award for the best short film.

The film has so far been screened at more than 80 festivals around the world, including the Toronto Film Festival, Manhattan Shorts, PIF Shorts in Tallinn, Stockholm Film Festival, Festival du Nova Sinema and many others.

“The Man Who Couldn’t remain Silent” was realized under the auspices of Antitalent.

The Oscar ceremony will take place on March 3 in Los Angeles.

Photo: Facebook

The Star of Game of Thrones arrives to SFF?
International Festival ‘Prvi Kadar’ Under the Motto ‘Vizir of Reality’ This Year
Second Museum Market: Call to artists and designers
Honorary Heart of Sarajevo to be awarded to Nijaz Hastor
Vedran and Valentina are World Champions in Argentine Tango Dance!
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article The Call to Boycott Stores in Croatia for One Day
Next Article Hearing Held for BiH Security Minister: Court’s Decision Pending
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?