Explosion in Sarajevo, two dead

explosion sarajevoIn Dobrinja, on the Alipasino polje C faza, a neighborhood in Sarajevo, there was a fire this morning at 08:55 am on a 11th floor in a skyscraper. Two elderly people were killed and eight wounded, was confirmed by the spokesperson of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Canton Sarajevo Irfan Nefić.

According to the duty doctor in ambulance of Canton Sarajevo, six to eight people are poisoned with carbon monoxide and they are currently under the supervision, and three teams of ambulance are still in front of the skyscraper.

The fire that broke out this morning on the 11th floor is localized, was confirmed from the Professional Fire Brigade of the Sarajevo Canton. Soon, team should start on working on the excavation. The cause of the fire was an explosion of gas in one of the apartments, which later expanded to other apartments.

According to eyewitnesses, after the explosion, one woman came to the window and asked for help, but was not seen later.

(Source: klix/ photo N1)

Leave a Comment