By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: India accused Pakistan of shelling Jammu, Islamabad denied
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > India accused Pakistan of shelling Jammu, Islamabad denied
WORLD NEWS

India accused Pakistan of shelling Jammu, Islamabad denied

Published: May 9, 2025
Share
SHARE

India on Tuesday accused Pakistan of firing missiles at the city of Jammu in Indian-occupied Kashmir, a claim Islamabad denied.

Officials from both countries issued separate statements after explosions were heard in Jammu, causing panic among the population.

A complete blackout was imposed in many parts of Jammu and Kashmir, and local authorities closed all educational institutions until Saturday.

“Military bases in Jammu, Pathankot and Udhampur, near the international border in Jammu and Kashmir, were targeted by Pakistani missiles and drones. There were no casualties. The threat was neutralized by the Indian armed forces, using kinetic and non-kinetic means,” India’s Joint Defence Staff said on social media.

On the other hand, Pakistani Information Minister Abdullah Tarar said that Pakistan had not targeted any location in India’s illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, nor across the international border, so far.

“We urge the international community to take this dangerous behavior seriously and call on India to exercise restraint and responsibility,” Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry said in a separate statement, Anadolu writes.

Tensions between the two nuclear powers escalated earlier this week after India launched Operation Sindoor late Tuesday night, claiming to have targeted terrorist infrastructure at nine locations in Pakistan. Indian officials said New Delhi had exercised its right to respond, prevent and deter future cross-border attacks.

According to Pakistani sources, at least 31 people were killed and 57 wounded in the Indian operation and exchange of fire. Pakistani forces are said to have shot down five Indian fighter jets after the missile strike and have vowed to respond.

India’s Defense Ministry said at least 16 people had been killed in cross-border firing along the Line of Control (LoC), which divides the disputed Himalayan region between the two countries.

Earlier on Thursday, both sides claimed to have shot down each other’s drones, some of which were hit over densely populated areas during the night-time strikes.

Pakistani military spokesman Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry told a news conference that Pakistani forces had destroyed 29 Israeli-made Harop drones fired by India, calling it a serious provocation. He said the strikes killed three civilians and wounded four Pakistani soldiers, AA writes.

Israel cuts off 70 Percent of Gaza’s Water Supply
The Appeals Chamber of IRMCT hears Oral Arguments in the Stanisic and Simatovic Case
HJPC BiH and Spanish Judiciary strengthen Cooperation
Lazzarini accused Israel of preventing Humanitarian Aid from reaching Gaza
Buckingham Palace opens a Room with a famous Balcony for Visitors
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Dodik, Cvijanovic, and Stevandic in Moscow for WWII Victory Commemoration Amid EU Criticism
Next Article Vucic says He expects ‘very severe Reactions’ from the EU over his Visit to Russia
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

“No Room for Impunity”: Austria Opens Probe Into Alleged Sarajevo Sniper Tours
May 21, 2026
Guardians of the City: Sarajevo Police Officers Celebrated for Heroic Actions
May 21, 2026
Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of USC arrested
May 21, 2026
Ginkel: Energy Security is crucial for the Prosperity of BiH
May 21, 2026
The Directorate’s Delegation participates in the INTERPOL European Conference in Toledo
May 21, 2026
BiH Council of Ministers adopts the Budget
May 21, 2026
SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
BiH opens Border Crossing, but also a Path to a new Crisis at the State Level
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?