By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Israel Fires at Hezbollah in Lebanon After Attacks; Sirens Wail in Israel in Iran-Linked Clash
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Israel Fires at Hezbollah in Lebanon After Attacks; Sirens Wail in Israel in Iran-Linked Clash
WORLD NEWS

Israel Fires at Hezbollah in Lebanon After Attacks; Sirens Wail in Israel in Iran-Linked Clash

Published: March 2, 2026
Share
SHARE

Israel launched airstrikes against Hezbollah militants in Lebanon early this morning after the Iran-backed group fired rockets into Israel, expanding Israel’s campaign against Iran.

According to the Israeli Defense Forces, weapons storage facilities and additional infrastructure in several parts of Lebanon were hit.

The Lebanese Ministry of Health announced that at least 31 people were killed and 149 people were wounded in the Israeli strikes in Lebanon. About two thirds of the dead were in the south of Lebanon.

Hezbollah said it fired rockets from Lebanon at Israel in response to the assassination of Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and to repeated Israeli aggression. It is the first time in more than a year that the Lebanese militant group has claimed responsibility for attacks on Israel.

There were no reports of casualties or damage in Israel, one part of the missile was intercepted and one landed in uninhabited territory.

An Israeli general said today that the military will step up its attacks in Lebanon in response to rocket attacks on Israel by the militant group Hezbollah, the Guardian reported.

“Hezbollah chose the Iranian regime instead of the state of Lebanon and launched attacks on our civilians, they will pay a heavy price,” said Rafi Milo, head of Israel’s Northern Military Command, adding that the strikes will continue and their intensity will increase.

Iran launched a new ballistic attack on Israel

Alarm sirens sounded across central and southern Israel this morning, after Iran also launched a new ballistic attack.

It is the first attack in more than eight hours, the Times of Israel reports. A warning about suspected drone infiltration is also heard in the Upper Galilee.

The Israeli army said it was working to intercept the threats. Air raid sirens sounded in Kuwait as well, reports Al Jazeera.

According to reports, this is at least the third time that alarms have sounded in that country in the last few hours. Kuwaiti authorities previously reported that the country’s air defenses had successfully intercepted most of the drones that approached the capital.

Missiles and drones launched from Lebanon triggered sirens in Haifa and across northern Israel early this morning, after Hezbollah carried out attacks on the country in support of Iran, the Times of Israel reports.

This provoked immediate retaliatory attacks from Israel across Lebanon, including the capital, Beirut.

So far, there are no reports of injuries or damage.

The US and Israel attacked Iran on Saturday, to which Tehran retaliated by targeting Israel, Kuwait, Bahrain and other Middle Eastern countries.

These are the positive Stories of the past 10 Days in BiH
BiH Moves Toward Systematic Monitoring of Freedom of Expression
Mate Rimac showed the first 60 Robotaxis
Around 14,000 undocumented Immigrants arrested since Trump took Office
Matviyenko: Dodik is sincerely loyal to his People
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article EUFOR Commander attends Gala Reception marking the Independence Day of BiH
Next Article Trump: Combat Operations will continue until Objectives are achieved
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Nordic Countries Reaffirm Support for Bosnia and Herzegovina at Sarajevo Reception
May 21, 2026
“No Room for Impunity”: Austria Opens Probe Into Alleged Sarajevo Sniper Tours
May 21, 2026
Guardians of the City: Sarajevo Police Officers Celebrated for Heroic Actions
May 21, 2026
Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of USC arrested
May 21, 2026
Ginkel: Energy Security is crucial for the Prosperity of BiH
May 21, 2026
The Directorate’s Delegation participates in the INTERPOL European Conference in Toledo
May 21, 2026
BiH Council of Ministers adopts the Budget
May 21, 2026
SDA to Amidzic: No Insults or Threats change the fact that you are parasitizing on a System you “do not recognize”
May 21, 2026
DCOM EUFOR meets with Deputy Chief of Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of BiH
May 21, 2026
Searches are underway at several Locations in Una Sana Canton
May 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?