By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Komsic highlighted the Need to take off all Plaques with Names of War Criminals
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Komsic highlighted the Need to take off all Plaques with Names of War Criminals
POLITICS

Komsic highlighted the Need to take off all Plaques with Names of War Criminals

Published: December 11, 2020
Share
SHARE

“I will not diminish the importance of removing the plaque with the name of a war criminal, but we should not get carried away as if it were a great victory,” Member of Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina Zeljko Komsic told FENA on the occasion of removing the plaque with the name of Radovan Karadzic at the student dormitory in Pale.

According to him, throughout Bosnia and Herzegovina even today, streets, squares, schools are named after people whom everyone would be ashamed of.

“Even today, such people have their plaques. When we take off all such plaques, then we will be happy,” concluded Komsic in a statement for FENA.

Earlier yesterday, the removal of the plaque came after Karadzic’s daughter said that the plaque should be removed. According to BN, the plaque put by Milorad Dodik together with Radovan Karadzic’s daughter and wife before the local elections in 2016 was removed by janitors on behalf of the director of the Student House Damjan Skipina, who is also a SNSDcouncilor in the Pale Municipal Assembly and the City Assembly East Sarajevo, KLix.ba writes.

Sonja Karadzic said today that the plaque should be removed due to “abuse of her father’s name”. 

Karadzic said that the memory of him was politicized and that the board should not stand out of spite, if it cannot stand out of respect. Sonja Karadzic’s address on this occasion followed numerous pressures on Milorad Dodik because of this record, including the high representative in BiH Valentin Inzko, who said earlier that he would ask for Dodik to be banned from entering EU countries if the plague is not removed. 

Dodik then addressed the UN Security Council, urging Inzko to set a date and time to remove the plaque together. But today the janitors did it for them.

Member of BiH Presidency meets the Ambassador of the State of Kuwait
Positive News: Students selling Cookies to help their Friends in Need
What is concluded in the Joint Statement by the Western Balkans Six Prime Ministers meeting?
Dacic: Frontex Police Forces will also be deployed on Serbia’s Border with third Countries
Key BiH Institutions Unite to Strengthen Election Integrity
TAGGED:#BiH#karadzic#pale#plague
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Decrease in Number of Employees in Bosnia
Next Article Sarajevo records New Cases of Coronavirus
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Interview with the Federal Minister of Labor and Social Policy Adnan Delic
August 19, 2026
Bosnian Actress Irena Mulamuhic passed away
August 19, 2026
Honorary Heart of Sarajevo Awarded to Woody Harrelson
August 19, 2026
BiH is demographically disappearing: It has lost almost 30,000 Inhabitants
August 19, 2026
Hashimi expresses his deep Gratitude and Joy over the Film’s Reception in Sarajevo
August 19, 2026
COM EUFOR continues engagement with Local Authorities across BiH
August 19, 2026
Prosecution in Bijeljina says No Official Investigation into the Srebrenica Memorial Center yet
August 19, 2026
Press Conference with the Crew of DUA: A Generation Raised in War
August 18, 2026
Covic: Criticism of Grlic Radman will not weaken Support for Croatia, BiH and the Croatian People
August 18, 2026
Regional Premiere of the Film DUA
August 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?