By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Lawyers engaged by the Court of BiH plan to suspend their Work
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Lawyers engaged by the Court of BiH plan to suspend their Work
WORLD NEWS

Lawyers engaged by the Court of BiH plan to suspend their Work

Published: June 15, 2024
Share
SHARE

Lawyers engaged ex officio before the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina will suspend their work if the debts due to their representation in criminal cases are not settled. This was said for BHT1 by the President of the Bar Association of Republika Srpska, Dalibor Mrša, who notes that this measure was forced by the ignorant attitude of the competent institutions. Announcing more radical measures, the entity Associations in a joint statement indicate that the authorities are strengthening citizens’ mistrust in the judicial system by their actions.

We have reached the end. We can no longer tolerate ignoring debts owed to lawyers, says the President of the Bar Association of Republika Srpska. Lending representation with own funds, he adds, is no longer an option.

“I think that within a month we will have very clear positions, and these will certainly be very radical moves, radical decisions in the sense of suspending work on cases, criminal cases, where defense lawyers are engaged on official duties”, says the president of the RS Bar Association Dalibor Mrđa.

The Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina explains that there has been an increase in the costs of ex officio defense attorneys due to the larger number of cases before the Departments for War Crimes and Organized Crime. Two budget restructurings from last year were not enough for full payment, so the debts were transferred to this year, in which there is no budget.

“Given that the temporary financing of the institutions of BiH is in force, the funds provided by the operational plan of the Court for the period January-June 2024 were not sufficient to settle all obligations, and the Court addressed the Ministry of Finance and Treasury of BiH several times with a proposal for the Decision on approving the funds current reserves for the first and second quarters of 2024, and all competent and relevant institutions have been informed in order to get involved in solving the mentioned problem”, according to the Public Relations Department of the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The suspension of the engagement of lawyers could cause serious consequences, from the slowdown to the complete suspension of legal proceedings before the state court.

“Some of the proceedings before the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina for the case of war crimes last as long as ten years, and now we received information the other day at one of the hearings in the cases where the lawyers requested that the hearings be held only once a month precisely because of the problem of non-payment of compensation”, explains Džana Brkanić from BIRN BiH.

BiH Minister of Justice Davor Bunoza previously told BIRN’s Detektor that there was no will in the Council of Ministers to pay debts from reserve funds. Politics has also blocked the adoption of the state budget, and thus could block the functioning of the judicial system.

New Crossing in Gradiska awaits Political Agreement for Three Months
Workers in Croatia have the longest working Week in the EU
World Institutions support access to Medical Technologies Worldwide to tackle the COVID-19 Pandemic
Great Success: Almin Karamehmedovic from Sarajevo appointed President of ABC News
Rebels enter Aleppo without Resistance from Government Forces, SOHR claims
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article EURO 2024: Three Matches are scheduled Today
Next Article Israel claims to have attacked a Hezbollah military structure in southern Lebanon
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Inside the Royal Fortune: Who Makes the Most Money in the Royal Family?
May 19, 2026
34th Anniversary of the Mostina Crime near Cajnice marked
May 19, 2026
New Instrument take-off Procedure established at SIA
May 19, 2026
First-Instance Verdict Delivered: “Karton revolucija” Activists Receive Judicial Warning
May 19, 2026
German Military Plane Will Fly Over BiH in the Coming Days: “Citizens Have No Reason for Panic”
May 19, 2026
CoM and ITA Board of Directors did not support the Temporary Opening of the new Gradiska Border Crossing
May 19, 2026
You Attend, Support, and Stay Longer than Planned: New OREA Art Market Scheduled for June 14
May 19, 2026
Bicakcic: The Political Situation is Fragmented, We Need Integration
May 19, 2026
Visca: NATO must transform, but BiH still has no clear Answer on whether it wants Membership
May 19, 2026
First robotic-assisted Surgeries successfully performed at KCUS
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?