By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Medjugorje One Year after ‘nihil obstat’: Increased Number of Pilgrims
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Medjugorje One Year after ‘nihil obstat’: Increased Number of Pilgrims
WORLD NEWS

Medjugorje One Year after ‘nihil obstat’: Increased Number of Pilgrims

Published September 21, 2025
Share
SHARE

One year after the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith granted Medjugorje the status of “nihil obstat”, this one of the world’s most famous Marian sanctuaries is seeing an increased number of pilgrims.

The Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith granted Medjugorje the status of ‘nulla osta’ (nihil obstat) on September 19 last year, which means that church pilgrimages and devotions in that sanctuary are allowed and encouraged.

As the portal Međugorje info writes, since then Međugorje has recorded an increased number of pilgrims, especially those who come to this shrine for the first time.

The number of arrivals of pilgrims through major international agencies that included Medjugorje in the program of their European pilgrimage trips has also increased.

According to their data, short pilgrimages of 1 to 2 days are particularly noticeable, as part of the route of pilgrims from India, Malaysia, the Philippines, Australia, Korea, Indonesia, Colombia, Guatemala, Brazil, Mexico…

The status “nihil obstat” (“there is no obstacle” or “nothing hinders”) is a church license that allows and recognizes devotions and pilgrimages in a certain place, as was the case with Medjugorje, with the recognition of positive spiritual fruits such as conversion and strengthening of faith, but without declaring the supernatural nature of the phenomenon itself.

 

Vucic: The Government of Serbia faces difficult Tasks, Procurement of New Weaponry will follow

Algeria and BiH Open International Workshop on Mine Ban Convention Implementation in Sarajevo

It was ordered that Warrant be issued for the accused of Crimes in “Trnopolje”

“Our Vehicle was hit while Waiting to enter Gaza”, UNICEF says

UAE says funds flow “normal” despite Gulf diplomatic crisis

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Dino Beganovic achieved his First Victory in Formula 2
Next Article The Sabu Disk: A Mysterious Object In Egypt Is 5.000 Years Old And Still Puzzles Many Today
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

BiH Youth and Migrants together against Hatred
April 20, 2026
Kia The Only Dog In BiH With An International Search And Rescue License
April 20, 2026
The Day of Remembrance of the Victims of the Ustasha Crimes in the Jasenovac Camp marked in Donja Gradina
April 19, 2026
HR Schmidt: Respond decisively to Islamophobic Thetoric and Hate Speech
April 19, 2026
Sarajevo Cable Car resumes Service
April 19, 2026
Fuel never more expensive, House of Peoples to discuss Excise Taxes Tomorrow
April 19, 2026
EUFOR and Armed Forces BiH will Train Together in Manjaca
April 19, 2026
Prevot after Visiting Srebrenica: “I cannot stress enough how important it is to reject the Denial of War Crimes”
April 19, 2026
Mihael Stajnar is the Winner of the Tour of Bosnia and Herzegovina
April 19, 2026
EUFOR Commander hosts Belgian Foreign Minister in Camp Butmir
April 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?