By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Over Two Thousand Health Workers gathered on Protests
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > BUSINESS > Over Two Thousand Health Workers gathered on Protests
BUSINESS

Over Two Thousand Health Workers gathered on Protests

Published: January 25, 2021
Share
SHARE
Photo Monika Ćubela Savić

”If the government representatives remain indolent and do not invite us to negotiations and adopt our demands in the near future, we will start a hunger strike,” said today the president of the Independent Trade Union of Health Workers of Herzegovina-Neretva County Dalibor Vukovic.

Vukovic told reporters at another protest rally in front of the HNC government building, where trade unionists again demanded the signing of a new collective agreement on the rights and obligations of employers and workers in the field of health.

“A magnificent gathering of health workers, all 2,600 of them with their representatives, is here, and the relevant Minister of Health, Prime Minister of the HNC and Minister of Finance should be ashamed because they put these workers in this position to demand their rights in front of the Government building today. On this occasion, we can also announce the construction of a tent and a tent settlement, after that we will go before the HNC Assembly, and after that, if our demands are not adopted soon, we will go on a hunger strike, “Vukovic said.

He stressed that he still believes in a fair, honest and lawful decision of the Mostar Municipal Court.

“The union’s legal team sent the evidence and during the day they arrived at the court and I believe that in the next few days the acting judge in this case will reconsider the evidence and make a fair decision. The government mentions that it has goodwill and intention to negotiate, but is constantly putting pressure on the Court to make a decision to end the strike.

Healthcare workers are not afraid of anything, they work legally. The police came several times to legitimize us, they put pressure on us, it is probably part of their job, and we still welcome them on a professional basis so far and we believe that they will remain so, “said Vukovic.

He sent another invitation to the County Minister of Health, the County Minister of Finance and the Prime Minister of the HNC to sign a collective agreement, BHRT writes.

Worrisome Number of Young People emigrated from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Poultry Farming in BiH has great Potential
Italian Military Medical Specialists arrive in Sarajevo
Old Town Core of Mostar enriched: Trade-Craft Center Bazaar opened 
Where in BiH is Public Revenue mostly collected?
TAGGED:#BiH#protest#workers
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article PM Novalic: Turkish Investors are building two factories in Bosnia
Next Article Bosnia records 100 New Cases of COVID-19
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

More than 30 Council of Europe Parliamentarians arrive in Sarajevo
May 17, 2026
The Museum of Literature and Theater Arts of BiH implements a Digital Library Project
May 17, 2026
New Law Makes Stay of Workers from BiH in Croatia Easier
May 17, 2026
34 Years Ago, Defenders of Sarajevo Thwarted Aggressors’ Hellish Plan
May 17, 2026
Academic Freedoms at Universities in BiH increasingly threatened by Political Pressures
May 17, 2026
BiH and Moldova Move Toward First-Ever Scheduled Air Links
May 17, 2026
SOC: LGBTI Persons in BiH still without full Protection
May 17, 2026
Three Gold and One Silver Medal for Young BiH Athletes
May 17, 2026
Schmidt Signals Possible Breakthrough on State Property Issue in BiH
May 17, 2026
Bulgaria is the Winner of the 70th Edition of Eurovision Song Contest
May 17, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?