By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Pope Francis: Decision on the Marian apparitions in Medjugorje soon
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Pope Francis: Decision on the Marian apparitions in Medjugorje soon
OTHER NEWS

Pope Francis: Decision on the Marian apparitions in Medjugorje soon

Published: June 9, 2015
Share
SHARE

medjugorjeWhen asked by a Bosnian journalist about the status of his decision on the Marian apparitions in Medjugorje on his flight from Sarajevo to Rome, Pope Francis said that after a lengthy study, a decision could be coming soon.

“We’re at this point of making decisions … and then they will be announced,” the Pope told journalists on board his June 6 flight from Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina to Rome.

Bosnian Croat journalist Silva Tomasevic brought the topic up to the Pope during his brief in-flight news conference in route to Rome following his June 6 apostolic visit to Bosnia-Herzegovina.

When Tomasevic noted that there is a great interest in Bosnia regarding his judgment on the authenticity of the apparitions, the Pope responded by recalling how Benedict XVI created a commission to study the reports surrounding the alleged apparitions.

Presided over by Cardinal Camillo Ruini, emeritus vicar general of the Diocese of Rome, the commission was created by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in 2010 under Benedict XVI, and was composed of an international panel of bishops, cardinals, theologians and various experts.

It was established to further investigate “certain doctrinal and disciplinary aspects of the phenomenon of Medjugorje.”

Pope Francis said that commission “made a study and Cardinal Ruini came to me and consigned the study to me after many years. I don’t know, three or four years, more or less.”

He said the commission “did good work,” and revealed that Cardinal Gerhard Mueller, the current prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, told him that “he would do a ‘feria quarta,’ in these times.”

A “feria quarta” is a once-a-month meeting in the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith during which current cases are examined.

“I believe that (the feria quarta) has been done the last Wednesday of last month, but I’m not sure,” Francis said, explaining that a decision could be made soon and that “some guidelines will be given to bishops on the lines they will take.”

 

(Source: Catholicnewsagency)

Official construction of Arnaudija Mosque to begin Today
Where is Sarajevo on List of Most Wheelchair-Friendly Cities in Europe?
Military Exercise “Combined Effort 21″BiH has started at “Manjaca”
Dr Jahic uses Procedure to Prevent Leg Amputations in Less than an Hour
Postal Traffic between B&H and Hong Kong finally normalized
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Pieter Everaers: Results of the Population Census until the End of the Year
Next Article Kovac: “We can still witness the recurrence of old evil demons of nationalistic aspirations in the Balkans”
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Inside the Royal Fortune: Who Makes the Most Money in the Royal Family?
May 19, 2026
34th Anniversary of the Mostina Crime near Cajnice marked
May 19, 2026
New Instrument take-off Procedure established at SIA
May 19, 2026
First-Instance Verdict Delivered: “Karton revolucija” Activists Receive Judicial Warning
May 19, 2026
German Military Plane Will Fly Over BiH in the Coming Days: “Citizens Have No Reason for Panic”
May 19, 2026
CoM and ITA Board of Directors did not support the Temporary Opening of the new Gradiska Border Crossing
May 19, 2026
You Attend, Support, and Stay Longer than Planned: New OREA Art Market Scheduled for June 14
May 19, 2026
Bicakcic: The Political Situation is Fragmented, We Need Integration
May 19, 2026
Visca: NATO must transform, but BiH still has no clear Answer on whether it wants Membership
May 19, 2026
First robotic-assisted Surgeries successfully performed at KCUS
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?