By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Russia Rejects U.S. Proposals for Ending the War in Ukraine
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Russia Rejects U.S. Proposals for Ending the War in Ukraine
WORLD NEWS

Russia Rejects U.S. Proposals for Ending the War in Ukraine

Published April 1, 2025
Share
©️ Wikipedia
SHARE

Russia cannot accept US proposals to end the war in Ukraine in their current form because they do not address the issues Moscow sees as the root of the conflict, a senior Russian diplomat said, suggesting that US-Russian talks on the issue have stalled.

The comments by Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov suggest that Moscow and Washington have so far failed to bridge differences that President Vladimir Putin outlined more than two weeks ago when he said the US proposals needed to be reworked.

They come as US President Donald Trump appears to be growing increasingly impatient with what he has suggested could be a delay in a broader deal with Moscow.

Trump has said in recent days that he is “angry” with Putin and has talked about imposing sanctions on countries that buy Russian oil if he believes Moscow is blocking the deal.

Ryabkov, an expert on US-Russia relations, said Moscow is not yet in a position to move forward with the deal.

“We take the models and solutions proposed by the Americans very seriously, but we cannot accept all of them in their current form,” Ryabkov told the Russian magazine International Affairs in an interview published on Tuesday, as quoted by state media.

“As far as we can see, there is no place in them today for our main demand, which is to resolve the problems related to the root causes of this conflict. It is not there at all, and this must be overcome,” he said.

Putin has said he wants Ukraine to abandon its ambitions to join NATO, for Russia to control all four Ukrainian regions it has declared its own, and for the size of the Ukrainian army to be limited. Kiev says those demands are tantamount to asking for its capitulation.

Asked about Trump’s latest statements that he wants Putin to reach a deal on Ukraine, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters earlier in the day that Moscow was “continuing our contacts with the American side.”

“The subject is very complex. The substance of what we are discussing, related to the Ukrainian settlement, is very complex. It requires a lot of additional effort,” he said.

Before the weekend, Trump took a more conciliatory stance towards Russia that left Western allies wary as he tried to mediate an end to the conflict in Ukraine, now in its fourth year.

In recent days, however, and amid lobbying from Europeans such as the Finnish president who are calling on him to hold Russia accountable, he has adopted a harsher tone, Reuters reports.

Polish Prime Minister warns of new era of war: The most critical Moment since World War II

Strong Earthquake struck off Coast of Taiwan

Israel Deports 171 Activists, Including Greta Thunberg, to Greece and Slovakia

CIA Test: Can You Solve This Riddle

Buses carrying nearly 2,000 freed Palestinians arrive in Ramallah

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Israel says High-ranking Hezbollah Member eliminated
Next Article NATO rotates Reserve Troops in Kosovo while KFOR maintains Security Presence
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

A Mosque without a Single Nail: A Gem of Sacred Architecture in Buzim
April 30, 2026
Transport to the EU on the Verge of Collapse, 70% of BiH’s Foreign Trade at Risk
April 30, 2026
The BiH Presidency adopts the Annual Report of the Central Bank of BiH
April 29, 2026
Call Centres dismantled and Ten arrested in EUR 50 Million Online Fraud Case
April 29, 2026
TI BiH: Bosnia and Herzegovina risks losing 373 Million Euros
April 29, 2026
2.8 Million BAM in Incentives for Agricultural Production paid out in RS
April 29, 2026
Public Hearing of BHANSA Management on May 18th
April 29, 2026
Prohibiting Measures imposed to Defendants in the “Envelope” Case
April 29, 2026
EU Donates Equipment to Support BiH Border Police in Fight Against Migrant Smuggling and Trafficking in Human Beings
April 29, 2026
EU and NATO Chiefs in Sarajevo: Western Balkans Stability a Shared Priority, Partnership with BiH Key for Future
April 29, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?