By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Schmidt: It is not true that Requests for the Shutdown of OHR are coming from Europe
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Schmidt: It is not true that Requests for the Shutdown of OHR are coming from Europe
POLITICS

Schmidt: It is not true that Requests for the Shutdown of OHR are coming from Europe

Published: June 21, 2024
Share
SHARE

There are no negotiations in the European Union (EU) or requests from Europe to shut down the Office of the High Representative (OHR) in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), said on June 20th the high representative of the international community in BiH, Christian Schmidt, at a press conference in Sarajevo.

When asked by a journalist whether there are such requests and from which countries they come, Schmidt replied that he was aware that the media reported that France was asking for the closure of the OHR, but that this was not true.

“I was personally in Paris recently in the office for foreign relations, with other European countries. The fact that I was invited there, like the others, is a sign that there are no such discussions. The only discussion we have is how to speed up Bosnia’s progress together and Herzegovina toward membership in the EU,” said Schmidt.

He added that it is planned that the next phase of the talks will be held in Berlin and that it will be based on the document prepared by the OHR, he said.

“All the member countries of the Peace Implementation Council (PIC) have expressed their full support for the work of the OHR”, concluded Schmidt at the end, explaining that the OHR remains in BiH in the same capacity.

The PIC is an international body that provides political guidance to the OHR in BiH. The board of directors of the PIC consists of ambassadors of Western countries, the Organization of the Islamic Conference, and previously Russia, which no longer participates in the work.

Radio Free Europe (RSE) previously reported on the meeting, which was held in Paris at the end of May, where they allegedly discussed the future of the OHR in BiH, its transformation, and the reduction of the powers of the head of this office, Christian Schmidt.

Namely, the presence of an international supervisor with broad political and legislative powers is incompatible with the admission of BiH as a full member of the EU.

The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs also presented a so-called non-paper, in which it is stated that the powers of the OHR should be reduced and the so-called Bonn powers limited only to the “functionality of the institutions” of BiH, in coordination with the EU Delegation in Sarajevo, RSE writes.

E.Dz.

 

BiH State Institutions spent 7 million BAM on Airline Tickets
American Ambassador congratulated B&H on the verdict for Jašarević
SABNOR condemns Glorification of Leader of Chetnik Movement Draza Mihailovic
New Ambassador of Japan to BiH presented his Credentials
The Proposed Budget of FB&H at Today’s Parliament Agenda
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article The best Bosnian Swimmer Lana Pudar made it to the Finals of the European Championship
Next Article Schallenberg: Austria will remain strongly committed to the EU path of every country in the WB
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Where is BiH 34 Years after its admission to the United Nations?
May 23, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with President of the Jewish Community in BiH
May 23, 2026
From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Magyar assures Becirovic: Hungary seeks Relations founded on Respect
May 22, 2026
Radoncic: SBB will return, we are running for a Member of the BiH Presidency
May 22, 2026
BiH FM to participate at GLOBSEC Forum 2026
May 22, 2026
Duran sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for the Murder of Nadira Sahacic
May 22, 2026
Intensifying Cooperation between the judiciary of BiH and Croatia
May 22, 2026
Former Workers of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine threaten Hunger Strike
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?