By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Social Networks will remove Content that denies the Genocide in Srebrenica
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Social Networks will remove Content that denies the Genocide in Srebrenica
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

Social Networks will remove Content that denies the Genocide in Srebrenica

Published: August 12, 2021
Share
SHARE

Twitter and Google intend to remove content denying the genocide in Srebrenica from their social platforms. This was confirmed in a response to Radio Free Europe (RFE).

Institute for Research of Genocide Canada (IGC) recently sent a request to technology giants Twitter and YouTube to ban the denial of the Srebrenica genocide on its platforms.

Emir Ramic, the director of the Canadian Institute, told that the IGC keeps records of content on social networks and that most of the posts insulting Srebrenica victims come from Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) entity of Republika Srpska (RS), but also from Russia, France, and other countries.

Sanctions for every hate speech

IGC has not yet received answers to the request that they sent to these social networks on July 30th, 2021, but Ramic said that he hopes for a positive response “because both social networks have previously removed some content that incites hatred towards others and something different, and that insults victims of the Holocaust, and in individual cases the victims of the Srebrenica genocide “.

Companies Twitter and YouTube regarding IGC request say they have a clearly established policy that “sanctions any hate speech.”

In response from Google, under whose auspices is YouTube, it was said this company will remove all content that violates the company’s already established hate speech rules.

“We have a clear and established hate speech policy that prohibits content that minimizes or denies well-documented, violent events, including the Srebrenica genocide. If the content is found to violate these guidelines, we will remove it,” it was pointed out in the response of a spokesperson for YouTube.

A wide range of behaviors is prohibited

A similar answer was given by Twitter. According to the spokesperson of this social network, the hate speech and messages “have absolutely no place on Twitter”.

“Our Hate Policy prohibits a wide range of behaviors. It includes targeting individuals with offensive intentions, invoking violent events, the type of violence where protected categories of people have been victims, or where attempts are made to deny or minimize such events. Also, we have a strong policy in cases of glorification of violence politics, so we take action against such content and conduct that attempts to glorify or praise violence and genocide, ” a Twitter spokesman said in a letter, Klix.ba writes.

E.Dz.

Seven Members of Bosnian Armed Forces positive for Coronavirus
Former UN Security Council President Diego Arria visited Potocari
A Boy killed his Sister over Christmas present row
Today is International Roma Day, celebrating Romani Culture
Plenum of Tuzla Canton Summarized Activities
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Vinko Martinovic arrested in BiH on the basis of Croatian Warrant
Next Article Was Milomir Savcic transferred to Serbia by a Helicopter of the RS Government?
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo Canton Invests Millions of BAM in the Renovation and Equipment of the Emergency Medical Services
May 18, 2026
Belgrade-Sarajevo Highway: Serbia is building, BiH is stalling in Political Disputes
May 18, 2026
BiH FM at the Meeting of the International Coalition to End Violence against Women and Girls
May 18, 2026
Deputy Chairperson of BiH CoM to pay an Official Visit to Azerbaijan
May 18, 2026
Bosko and Admira died together defending their Love 33 Years ago
May 18, 2026
Man from Kiseljak kills One Woman, severely injures Another
May 18, 2026
BiH Close to Returning to MONEYVAL Grey List
May 18, 2026
The Una River is a Symbol of Life and Natural Wealth
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?