By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Uk: Our Responsibility Will Be Considered. The Suspected Police Officers Are Suspended
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Uk: Our Responsibility Will Be Considered. The Suspected Police Officers Are Suspended
POLITICS

Uk: Our Responsibility Will Be Considered. The Suspected Police Officers Are Suspended

Published November 3, 2025
Share
SHARE

The Prime Minister of the Canton Sarajevo (CS), Nihad Uk, stated yesterday that his resignation is unquestionable if the responsibility of the Cantonal Government is proven in the case of the arrest of two police officers of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of CS, who are charged in two separate cases – sexual harassment and sexual abuse of a child older than 15 years.

After yesterday’s emergency session of the Cantonal Government, Uk emphasized that he is appalled by the information about these cases involving one member of the Novo Sarajevo Police Department and one member of the Trnovo Police Department.

He added that he expects the Cantonal Assembly to convene a session as soon as possible to consider the responsibility of everyone involved, including himself, the members of the Government, and others.

Uk stated that, according to all the information they have, the system in these cases reacted promptly, showed that it functions, and produced the solution it should have, and that if it is proven there were any omissions, those responsible will also be held accountable.

The Minister of Internal Affairs of the CS, Admir Katica, said that the police commissioner had already suspended both police officers yesterday, even though the investigation has just begun, and it is based on grounds of suspicion that they committed those criminal offenses.

“I immediately contacted the cantonal prosecutor and the commissioner upon learning about the incident. They will inform the public tomorrow about all the actions taken. This is an early phase, and there is not much information yet. I expect the police commissioner and the chief prosecutor will have more details. They are the only ones who can inform the public about what is happening in this case. It is important that we do not jeopardize the investigation for the sake of the minors who were harmed in this case,” said Katica.

Sarajevo Mayor one of Winners of Vecernjakov Pecat Award

Sarajevo Municipal Court confirmed the Indictment against the Old Town Mayor

Reeker: U.S. Administration will continue to support the Western Balkans

Member of BIH Presidency Komšić is founding the party ‘Democratic Front’

Dangerous Messages from Stevandic: Schmidt brought BiH to a pre-war State

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Citizen Savings Reach 18.8 Billion BAM – Is Money In The Bank The Safest Option?
Next Article A Symbol Of The Former Yugoslavia Disappeared From Store Shelves, Customers Disappointed
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Tram without Supervision, System without Responsibility
February 21, 2026
Price of Coffee to increase again
February 21, 2026
Donald Trump announces 15 Percent Global Tariffs
February 21, 2026
CS MoI: There were around 6,000 Citizens at the Protests, everything went peacefully
February 21, 2026
62,970 tons of RDF/SRF Fuel were imported into Federation of BiH
February 21, 2026
Protests in Sarajevo: Citizens block Traffic in front of the National Museum
February 21, 2026
Man shoots at Sarajevo Police, wounded in Exchange of Gunfire
February 21, 2026
Indictment confirmed against Fourteen Persons over Fan Clash near TIA
February 21, 2026
“Bosnia and Herzegovina Will Neither Violate International Agreements nor Impose Reciprocal Tariffs on Serbia“
February 21, 2026
Citizens to Streets: Planned Protests in Sarajevo, Zenica and Tuzla
February 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?