By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: US cancels Meeting with Israelis on Iran because Netanyahu publicly criticized them
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > US cancels Meeting with Israelis on Iran because Netanyahu publicly criticized them
WORLD NEWS

US cancels Meeting with Israelis on Iran because Netanyahu publicly criticized them

Published: June 20, 2024
Share
©️The White House
SHARE

The White House canceled a high-level US-Israeli meeting on Iran that had been scheduled for Thursday after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu released a video on Tuesday claiming the US was withholding military aid, two US officials told Axios.

President Joe Biden’s top advisers were enraged by the tape, a message that US diplomat Amos Hochstein delivered to Netanyahu in a letter in a meeting hours after it was released, two US and Israeli sources said.

The White House decided to go one step further by canceling Thursday’s meeting.

“This decision makes it clear that there are consequences for performing such stunts,” the US official said.

“The Americans are angry. Bibi’s video did a lot of damage,” said a senior Israeli official, using a nickname for Netanyahu.

Speaking in English, Netanyahu said in a video that “it is unthinkable that over the past few months the administration has withheld weapons and ammunition from Israel.”

In public, the White House expressed confusion. Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre noted that only one arms shipment had been paused since the start of the war, while billions of dollars in weapons flowed unhindered.

“We really don’t know what he’s talking about,” she said.

According to another US official who spoke to Axios, the Biden team is angry and shocked by Netanyahu’s ingratitude.

Biden’s top advisers decided to cancel the strategic dialogue on Iran, which was supposed to include hours of meetings with officials from the State Department, Pentagon and US intelligence agencies, along with their Israeli counterparts.

Croatian business tycoon released after paying million-dollar bail
Russians, Hamas, and Houthis react to Israeli Attack
Schmidt presents 61st Report of the High Representative for Implementation of the Peace Agreement in BiH to the UN Security Council
The European Union announced a new humanitarian Aid Package for Ukraine
Who are the Serbs who participated in the Confrontation with the Police in Kosovo?
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Dodik: “American Sanctions are a series of Lies and packaged propaganda Messages”
Next Article BiH Minister welcomes OFAC’s Measures
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Bicakcic: The Political Situation is Fragmented, We Need Integration
May 19, 2026
Visca: NATO must transform, but BiH still has no clear Answer on whether it wants Membership
May 19, 2026
First robotic-assisted Surgeries successfully performed at KCUS
May 19, 2026
Magazinovic initiates Discussion on Femicide: We cannot say it does not concern us
May 19, 2026
Konakovic and Doughty discussed Bilateral Relations between BiH and the United Kingdom
May 19, 2026
BiH among Nineteen Countries in Europol’s Action
May 19, 2026
Contract worth 74 Million BAM signed for the Procurement of new Technologies for Elections in BiH
May 19, 2026
President of the Federation of BiH spoke with the Chargé d’Affaires of the United States Embassy
May 19, 2026
Helez and Hunter discussed Military Cooperation Programs between BiH and Maryland
May 19, 2026
Kerim Alajbegovic Named Player of the Season in the Austrian Bundesliga
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?