The cigarette butt is most likely the cause of the smoldering fire that occurred in the building of the Investment and Development Bank (RBI) of the Republika Srpska at the beginning of May, the findings of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) of Serbia showed.
The finding and opinion of the Ministry of the Interior of Serbia on the cause of the fire, which was received by the District Public Prosecutor’s Office of Banja Luka, states that “most likely a cigarette butt set fire to sponge coasters and a wooden flower pot.”
“The fire started in a part of the garden of the pizzeria ‘Korso’, and it broke out around 3:00 AM and spread vertically from the bottom up,” the Banja Luka District Public Prosecutor’s Office announced.
The experts ruled out the possibility of a fire in the electrical installations and the chimney from the pizzeria “Korso”, which leads through the premises of the Investment and Development Bank of Republika Srpska to the top of the building.
The fire that broke out on May 1 in the business building where the RBI headquarters is located in Banja Luka caused great material damage, but there were no human casualties. The complete archive of the bank was preserved and was not damaged in the fire.