By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: 22 People were killed in Beirut, Hezbollah Leader evades Assassination
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > 22 People were killed in Beirut, Hezbollah Leader evades Assassination
WORLD NEWS

22 People were killed in Beirut, Hezbollah Leader evades Assassination

Published: October 11, 2024
Share
SHARE

Israeli strikes killed 22 people and injured more than 100 in central Beirut on Thursday, Lebanese authorities said, while a senior Hezbollah official escaped an Israeli assassination attempt, three security sources confirmed.

In southern Lebanon, two United Nations peacekeepers were injured when an Israeli tank fired on an observation post at the force’s headquarters in Ras al-Naqoura, prompting the UN to say its personnel were facing increasing danger.

The conflict between Israel and Hezbollah erupted a year ago when the Iran-backed group opened fire in support of the Palestinian militant group Hamas at the start of the Gaza war.

It has dramatically intensified in recent weeks as Israel began bombing the southern suburbs of Beirut, the south and the Bekaa Valley, killing many of Hezbollah’s top leaders.

Wafiq Safa, who heads Hezbollah’s liaison and coordination unit responsible for working with Lebanese security agencies, was targeted by Israel on Thursday night but survived, security sources told Reuters.

The Israeli strikes hit a densely populated residential area of ​​apartment buildings and small shops in the heart of Beirut.

Israel did not issue evacuation warnings before the attack and had not previously attacked the area, which is far from the southern suburbs of Beirut where Israel has repeatedly bombed the Hezbollah headquarters.

The Lebanese Ministry of Health reported 22 dead and 117 wounded, and a family of eight was among the dead.

The assassination attempt on Safa, whose role straddles security and political issues, marked a broadening of Israeli targets among Hezbollah officials that had previously focused on the group’s military commanders and top leaders.

Israel did not immediately comment on the incident. However, Israel announced that it had killed Muhammad Abdullah, the leader of the Islamic Jihad network in the Palestinian refugee camp Nur Shams, Hina writes.

Putin announces Peace Talks on Ukraine in Moscow next Week
At least 550 Pilgrims died during the Hajj
More than 576,600 People in Gaza face Catastrophic Hunger
Pope Francis sends aid to flood-stricken Brazilians
Eight Arrested in Bust of Fake Document Ring Operating Under Cover of Greek Travel Agency
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article More than two-thirds of all Countries have abolished the Death Penalty
Next Article EX-YU Airports handle 24.9 Million Passengers
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Inside the Royal Fortune: Who Makes the Most Money in the Royal Family?
May 19, 2026
34th Anniversary of the Mostina Crime near Cajnice marked
May 19, 2026
New Instrument take-off Procedure established at SIA
May 19, 2026
First-Instance Verdict Delivered: “Karton revolucija” Activists Receive Judicial Warning
May 19, 2026
German Military Plane Will Fly Over BiH in the Coming Days: “Citizens Have No Reason for Panic”
May 19, 2026
CoM and ITA Board of Directors did not support the Temporary Opening of the new Gradiska Border Crossing
May 19, 2026
You Attend, Support, and Stay Longer than Planned: New OREA Art Market Scheduled for June 14
May 19, 2026
Bicakcic: The Political Situation is Fragmented, We Need Integration
May 19, 2026
Visca: NATO must transform, but BiH still has no clear Answer on whether it wants Membership
May 19, 2026
First robotic-assisted Surgeries successfully performed at KCUS
May 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?