By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: An Assassination Attempt on the President of Montenegro is being prepared?
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > An Assassination Attempt on the President of Montenegro is being prepared?
WORLD NEWS

An Assassination Attempt on the President of Montenegro is being prepared?

Published: November 14, 2024
Share
SHARE

The National Security Agency (ANB) is checking whether the information that an assassination attempt is being prepared against the President of Montenegro, Jakov Milatović, which it recently received through sources from abroad and informed his cabinet and the Police Directorate (UP) about it, is accurate, Vijesti has learned.

In responses to Vijesti’s questions about the possible serious threat to the head of state, the Police Directorate and Milatović’s cabinet confirmed the existence of such information, while the ANB did not respond.

“The Cabinet of the President of Montenegro has been informed that the credibility of the information about the possible threat to the security of the President of the State, Jakov Milatović, is being examined. We have not received any further details. We have been informed that the competent authorities have taken the above into consideration and processing and we are awaiting further information,” Milatović’s public relations office responded.

The Police Directorate stated that “the security of President Milatović is not at risk,” but that the information about this possibility is being checked, without wanting to say what it is specifically about, “taking into account the nature of the information and the need for confidentiality of data.”

The UP claims that they are aware that the Agency “established communication” with Milatović and his cabinet regarding the information received, the source of which is “not known”.

One of Vijesti’s interlocutors, familiar with the data from the Montenegrin secret service, said that the information about the alleged planning of the assassination of Milatović reached the ANB indirectly from two related sources, from two countries in the Western Balkans.

These sources allegedly reported that the alleged main organizer is a retired high-ranking officer of a former army in the region, and the direct perpetrator would be a person from Montenegro.

“The people who provided the information are connected to the services of a country in the region. Given the way in which it was said that it was allegedly planned, I am not sure about the credibility of the data, but everything needs to be checked”, said the interlocutor familiar with the information.

When asked who could have had the motive for the assassination of Milatović and what, the source said that he did not know, except for “destabilizing the country”.

In their responses to Vijesti about Milatović’s possible threat, the UP added that they and the ANB “had previously… had information about possible threats to other protected persons, which after checks turned out to be incorrect.”

Netanyahu presents Plan to end Gaza War, Palestinians oppose
Where did the Cajnice Gospel, one of the most important medieval Monuments in BiH, disappear?
PM of the Federation of BiH met with Representative of the International Monetary Fund
BiH Minister of Defense met with the Commander of the NATO Joint Force Command
BiH Foreign Minister: BiH has returned to the Focus of the great World Powers
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Which four Countries in the World do not have Airports?
Next Article Support for NATO Integration and Strengthening of BiH Institutions
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

More than 30 Council of Europe Parliamentarians arrive in Sarajevo
May 17, 2026
The Museum of Literature and Theater Arts of BiH implements a Digital Library Project
May 17, 2026
New Law Makes Stay of Workers from BiH in Croatia Easier
May 17, 2026
34 Years Ago, Defenders of Sarajevo Thwarted Aggressors’ Hellish Plan
May 17, 2026
Academic Freedoms at Universities in BiH increasingly threatened by Political Pressures
May 17, 2026
BiH and Moldova Move Toward First-Ever Scheduled Air Links
May 17, 2026
SOC: LGBTI Persons in BiH still without full Protection
May 17, 2026
Three Gold and One Silver Medal for Young BiH Athletes
May 17, 2026
Schmidt Signals Possible Breakthrough on State Property Issue in BiH
May 17, 2026
Bulgaria is the Winner of the 70th Edition of Eurovision Song Contest
May 17, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?