By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Breakthrough Agreement: Trump and Houthis Reach Deal for Peace and End to Bombing
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Breakthrough Agreement: Trump and Houthis Reach Deal for Peace and End to Bombing
WORLD NEWS

Breakthrough Agreement: Trump and Houthis Reach Deal for Peace and End to Bombing

Published May 8, 2025
Share
MOHAMMED HUWAIS (AFP)
SHARE

Oman announced that it mediated a ceasefire agreement between the Yemeni Houthis and the United States (U.S.); earlier this information was released by U.S. President Donald Trump.

“Neither side will target the other, including U.S. ships in the Red Sea and the Bab al-Mandab Strait,” stated Oman. The statement does not mention Houthi attacks on Israel.

Earlier, U.S. President Donald Trump announced that the U.S. would stop bombing the Houthis, saying that the group had agreed to stop disrupting key shipping routes in the Middle East.

“They said, please, don’t bomb us anymore and we won’t attack your ships. And I will take their word for it and we will immediately stop bombing the Houthis,” Trump said about the Houthis during a meeting in the Oval Office with Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney.

The Yemeni group began attacking shipping routes after Israel attacked Gaza, labeling their attacks as a blockade of Israel and targeting Israeli ships or ships heading to Israeli ports. The Houthis later declared they would attack the United Kingdom (UK) and U.S. ships due to airstrikes on Yemen.

In March, Trump launched the largest military operation by Washington under his administration against the Houthis, during which hundreds of Yemenis were killed.

Israeli officials told Hebrew media that the U.S. had not informed Israel in advance about the statement by U.S. President Donald Trump that the U.S. would immediately halt attacks on the Houthis in Yemen, adding that Israel was surprised by the announcement.

Iranian President: The Sanctity of Human Dignity must be upheld – in Srebrenica, Gaza, and all Parts of the World

Australia Launches Largest-Ever War Exercise With 35.000 Soldiers

Uyghur Fighters who fought massively in Syria announce a new Battle: “We will expel the Chinese Infidels”

The US is sending Ukraine a Military Aid Package worth $725 Million

Students from Belgrade set off on foot towards Novi Sad

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article UDIK Reminds Public of War Crimes Committed in Brcko
Next Article Thirty Years Since Helicopter Crash That Killed Doctors En Route to Srebrenica
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Arkab and Konakovic Discuss Strengthening Algeria–Bosnia Energy Partnership
April 27, 2026
Turkish Airlines reduces Operations across Balkans
April 27, 2026
Performance Breakdown: Defense Industry Firms in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
April 27, 2026
Another failed HoP Session: Harsh Accusations of Political Blockade and Violation of the Rules of Procedure
April 27, 2026
Rich Program Celebrates 130th Anniversary of Sarajevo City Hall
April 27, 2026
Algeria and Bosnia Seek Stronger Partnership, Build on Shared Historical Ties
April 27, 2026
Key Prerequisites for the Adoption of the Institutional Budget have been created
April 27, 2026
Berset: Council of Europe Membership Requires Respect for European Court of Human Rights Rulings
April 27, 2026
BiH Foreign Minister meets with his Algerian Counterpart in Algiers
April 27, 2026
FM announces a Protest Note to Croatia over the “scandalous rally in Zagreb”
April 27, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?