By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: CEC Rejects Proposal to Renew SNSD Certification Procedure for Early Elections
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > CEC Rejects Proposal to Renew SNSD Certification Procedure for Early Elections
POLITICS

CEC Rejects Proposal to Renew SNSD Certification Procedure for Early Elections

Published: October 23, 2025
Share
SHARE

The Central Election Commission of Bosnia and Herzegovina has rejected a proposal to reconsider the decision to certify the application of the Alliance of Independent Social Democrats (SNSD) for early elections for the president of Republika Srpska.

The proposal to renew the procedure was submitted by CEC member Suad Arnautović, who stated that he submitted the request after the letter from the Court of BiH. The letter, among other things, requests the implementation of the verdict that sentenced Milorad Dodik, president of the SNSD, to one year in prison and a six-year ban on political activity.

“Ignoring the verdict of the Court of BiH is not only a formal violation, but also a fundamental nullification of the authority of the judiciary,” said Arnautović, recalling that he had also opposed the certification of the SNSD for participation in the elections, believing that Dodik could not have signed the application.

On the other hand, CEC member Ahmet Šantić emphasized that the Commission does not have the authority to remove the president of any party from office.

“The CEC cannot remove the party president from office for any reason; this can only be done by the registration court. The person who has been representing the political party so far remains authorized, as the CEC has already decided, and this decision was confirmed by the Appellate Division,” said Šantić.

“Building strong and lasting Bilateral Relations between Denmark and BiH”
Reactions To The Latest Session Of The NARS
Members of BiH Presidency congratulated May Day
Vote Buying as an Integral Part of the Election Process in Bosnia and Herzegovina
The US Embassy welcomed the Verdict against Stanisic and Simatovic
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Federal Police Administration is conducting Searches at Three Locations
Next Article Dino Beganovic Changed Team In Formula 2
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Magyar assures Becirovic: Hungary seeks Relations founded on Respect
May 22, 2026
Radoncic: SBB will return, we are running for a Member of the BiH Presidency
May 22, 2026
BiH FM to participate at GLOBSEC Forum 2026
May 22, 2026
Duran sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for the Murder of Nadira Sahacic
May 22, 2026
Intensifying Cooperation between the judiciary of BiH and Croatia
May 22, 2026
Former Workers of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine threaten Hunger Strike
May 22, 2026
Anniversary of the Death of Twelve Babies over Lack of Oxygen in Banja Luka
May 22, 2026
BiH FM Files a Criminal Complaint Regarding the Opening of the Border Crossing in Bosanska Gradiška
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?