By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Civilians killed while waiting for Help in Gaza
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Civilians killed while waiting for Help in Gaza
WORLD NEWS

Civilians killed while waiting for Help in Gaza

Published June 1, 2025
Share
© UNDP PAPP/Abed Zagout
SHARE

At least 21 people were killed and more than 175 wounded today near a distribution point for humanitarian aid in the Gaza Strip, the Gaza health ministry said. The incident is the latest in a series of tragedies to hit civilians in the months-long war.

Circumstances of the incident

Witnesses said Israeli soldiers opened fire on groups of people as they were moving towards the aid distribution point. They were shot at at a roundabout about a kilometre from the aid distribution point, in an area controlled by Israeli forces, witnesses who witnessed the incident said.

The Israeli military has yet to issue an official statement on the incident, leaving many questions unanswered. However, witnesses say the incident took place in an area under Israeli control, raising serious questions about the safety of civilians trying to reach the vital aid.

Chaotic situation surrounding aid distribution

The Gaza Humanitarian Foundation’s aid distribution was chaotic, with several witnesses saying Israeli troops fired on a large group of people near the distribution site. The foundation said that private security guarding the site did not use weapons, further complicating the issue of responsibility for the casualties.

The foundation had earlier said that 16 truckloads of aid had been distributed today “without incident”, dismissing what it called “false reports of deaths, mass injuries and chaos”. The contradictory reporting highlights the complexity of the situation on the ground.

Controversial new distribution system

Israel and the US say the new system is aimed at preventing Hamas from “stealing aid”. However, Israel has provided no concrete evidence of this, and the UN denies that this has happened. This lack of transparency has further complicated an already tense situation.

UN agencies and major aid groups have refused to work with the new system, saying it violates humanitarian principles because it allows Israel to control who receives aid and forces people to move to distribution sites, risking further displacement in the territory.

Humanitarian crisis in Gaza

The UN system has struggled to deliver aid since Israel eased its total blockade of the territory last month. The groups say Israeli restrictions, lawlessness and widespread looting are making it extremely difficult to deliver aid to the estimated two million Palestinians in Gaza.

Experts have warned that Gaza faces starvation unless more aid is delivered. According to the United Nations, more than 90% of Gaza’s population lives in extreme poverty, and access to basic food, water and medical services is severely limited.

International reaction

The incident is the latest in a series of events that are worsening the already dire humanitarian situation in Gaza. International aid agencies have repeatedly warned of the dangers to civilians trying to access essential aid.

The situation in Gaza has drawn the attention of the international community, which is calling for an urgent solution to the humanitarian crisis. Many countries and organizations are seeking independent insight into such incidents in order to establish accountability and prevent similar events in the future.

Long-term impact on the civilian population

Such incidents have a long-term psychological impact on the population of Gaza, especially children and the elderly. Fear of going to get help can further worsen an already dire humanitarian situation, leaving the most vulnerable members of society without access to basic necessities.

Gaza’s health system, already overstretched by the war, faces additional challenges in providing care to the injured. Hospitals are operating with limited resources, and medical staff often work in extremely difficult conditions.

Need for an urgent solution

This incident highlights the urgent need for a safe and effective humanitarian aid distribution system that will protect civilians and allow them access to vital resources. Without significant changes in approach, similar tragic events may be repeated.

The international community must find ways to ensure the safe delivery of aid to the millions of people in Gaza who depend on it for their survival, while at the same time working towards a long-term solution to the crisis gripping the region.

How much is Israel spending on the War with Hamas?

German Authorities say that Hamas Supporters should be deported

“Leave or die” Warnings spark new Displacement in Gaza City

Trisic Milan: ”He was bloodthirsty towards the Children”

To ensure better Protection to Victims of Human Trafficking in BiH

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Diplomatic Corps In Travnik: Fourth Edition Of ‘The Consular Times’
Next Article Eight-Year-Old Nia Avdic The Youngest From BiH To Climb The Highest Peak Of North Africa
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Research Shows Trump Is Actually Making China – Not The U.S. – Great Again
February 22, 2026
A New Shock In The Alliance: U.S. Quietly Withdraws From Vital NATO Structures, Europe In Fear
February 22, 2026
102.000 People Renounced The Citizenship Of BiH
February 22, 2026
Tram without Supervision, System without Responsibility
February 21, 2026
Price of Coffee to increase again
February 21, 2026
Donald Trump announces 15 Percent Global Tariffs
February 21, 2026
CS MoI: There were around 6,000 Citizens at the Protests, everything went peacefully
February 21, 2026
62,970 tons of RDF/SRF Fuel were imported into Federation of BiH
February 21, 2026
Protests in Sarajevo: Citizens block Traffic in front of the National Museum
February 21, 2026
Man shoots at Sarajevo Police, wounded in Exchange of Gunfire
February 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?