By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Countries in the Region evacuate Citizens from Iran and Israel
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Countries in the Region evacuate Citizens from Iran and Israel
WORLD NEWS

Countries in the Region evacuate Citizens from Iran and Israel

Published: June 23, 2025
Share
SHARE

The countries of the Western Balkan region continue to evacuate their citizens from Iran and Israel due to intense conflicts and the complication of the situation on the ground, and Croatian Foreign Minister Gordan Grlić Radman said that the situation is unpredictable.

“The evacuation of Croatian citizens from Iran is underway. The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs and I are in constant, round-the-clock contact with our embassy in Tehran and embassies in the Middle East,” stated the head of Croatian diplomacy and added:

“The situation is unpredictable, and the safety of our citizens, as well as embassy staff, is our absolute priority. We have evacuated the consul from Israel, and our embassy in Tel Aviv is now operating with the necessary staff, while the number of diplomats in Iran has been reduced to the necessary minimum.”

He stated that “we continue to closely monitor the development of the situation on the ground.”

The Government of the Republic of Serbia and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs have organized the safe return of Serbian citizens evacuated from Israel, who arrived in Belgrade on a special Air Serbia flight from Sharm el-Sheikh. 38 people, mostly Serbian citizens, as well as several foreigners, arrived in Belgrade on Thursday evening, the ministry said in a statement.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia announced earlier that it had withdrawn all diplomatic staff from the Islamic Republic of Iran, including family members of employees at the embassy in Tehran.

The statement said that all consular services for citizens in Iran have been suspended until further notice.

Hostilities broke out on June 13 when Israel launched airstrikes on several locations across Iran, including military and nuclear facilities, prompting Tehran to launch retaliatory strikes.

Israeli authorities said that since then, at least 25 people have been killed and hundreds injured in Iranian missile attacks.

In Iran, 430 people were killed and more than 3,500 wounded in Israeli attacks, according to the Iranian Ministry of Health, AA writes.

Half a Million for a Vehicle: Most Expensive Cars Imported into BiH This Year Revealed
Fierce Fighting has broken out between Israeli and Palestinian Troops in Rafah
Qatar denies Reports of Withdrawing from Gaza Talks
Participants of the Pride Parade in Sarajevo Streets with their Families and without Fear
German FM visits BiH: Progress made on European Path, but there is still Work to be done
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Human Rights Defenders in BiH Face Stigma Amid Legal Uncertainty
Next Article Suicide Attack on Church in Damascus Kills 20
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?