By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Djokovic withdraws from China Open
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Djokovic withdraws from China Open
WORLD NEWS

Djokovic withdraws from China Open

Published: September 28, 2016
Share
SHARE

djokovicBEIJING, Sept. 28 (Xinhua) — World No. 1 Novak Djokovic of Serbia has pulled out of next week’s China Open due to elbow injury, which means he will have to wait another year before attempting to win his seventh China Open title.
Djokovic has won six times at the China Open over the past seven years and holds a 29 winning streak in the tournament.

“I am very sad not to be able to compete at the China Open this year. I am still recovering from my elbow injury and have been advised not to play tournaments until my condition improves and allows me to compete. I will continue with my rehabilitation and hope to be able to return to the ATP World Tour as soon as possible,” Djokovic said in a statement.
“The China Open is one of my favorite tournaments. I have had a lot of success there, winning the title six times. I love competing in front of the passionate Chinese fans, and I look forward to coming back to Beijing in future,” he added.

The tournament organizers lamented the Serbian star’s absence.
“Djokovic is a fan favorite in Beijing and a tremendous champion at the China Open. It is unfortunate that he will not be able to defend his title this year due to injury. We wish him a successful recovery and look forward to seeing him on tour again soon, maintaining his position as world No. 1,” said Zhang Junhui, the Chine Open tournament director.
The China Open will take place from Oct. 3 to Oct. 9.

(Photo: skysports)

Instagram co-founders announce departure
Last year’s Northern Hemisphere Summer was the hottest in 2,000 Years
BiH and Croatia Today in Geneva over Trgovska Gora Dispute
Vucic fears there will be no further Postponement of Sanctions against NIS
The Swedish national flag was raised at NATO headquarters
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article First covered Bike Parking in Mostar opened
Next Article Sale of Tickets for the Match BiH-Cyprus starts today
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Oil prices are rising again: Is BiH threatened by a Shortage of Energy?
August 21, 2026
Exhibition of BiH Feature Film Posters until August 27 at Europe House Sarajevo
August 21, 2026
BiH National Basketball Team wins in warm-up Match against Poland
August 21, 2026
Gradiska Border Crossing: Open temporarily – indefinitely
August 21, 2026
24th CineLink Industry Days Awards held
August 21, 2026
Şerban: The Drama Has to Be Unaware of You, And You Need to Forget You Are in the Seat
August 20, 2026
Big Transfer: Ermedin Demirovic goes to Galatasaray for 20 Million Euros
August 20, 2026
Solomun returns to the Eternal Fire: Sarajevo ready for the great Music Spectacle
August 20, 2026
“Under Scrutiny” warns of the uneven Practice of Sanctioning the Abuse of Children for Political Purposes
August 20, 2026
Docu Press Corner: Personal Stories Between Reality and Memory
August 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?