By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Dodik with Vucic: We support the Continuation of the EUFOR Mission in BiH
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Dodik with Vucic: We support the Continuation of the EUFOR Mission in BiH
POLITICS

Dodik with Vucic: We support the Continuation of the EUFOR Mission in BiH

Published: October 24, 2021
Share
SHARE

A meeting between Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic and a member of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH),Milorad Dodik was held in Belgrade. Interestingly, they agreed on the need to extend EUFOR Althea’s mission in BiH.

To recall, the EUFOR mission expires in November and must be approved by the United Nations (UN) Security Council in order to be extended.

“I informed the president that the Althea mission should be extended and its further functioning should be approved. The decision is up to the UN Security Council. We have nothing against that decision stays the same as last year,” Dodik noted.

This position is somewhat surprising because it is feared that Russia, which has the right of veto, will block the continuation of the mission in the Security Council.

Also, Dodik mentioned that the situation in BiH is complex and that this is “the culmination of various events from the past”. He meant the decisions of the Constitutional Court of BiH, primarily those concerning the ownership of land and forests, the decisions of the High Representative (HR), etc.

“In an almost impossible atmosphere of pressure, Republika Srpska (RS) agreed to abolish the RS Army and form the Armed Forces (AF) of BiH. The Constitution does not recognize the competencies for defense,” Dodik said, reiterating that the competencies in these areas would be restored.

“We will continue our activities to get the best estimates. RS is hurt, we are disempowered there by the force of the international factor. This is a confusing situation in which no one wants to negotiate, ” he emphasized.

“I said that I am not ready to sacrifice peace for RS, but I am ready to personally sacrifice for RS. That system of the army and other institutions, such as the prosecution, does not exist in the Constitution. The other day there was a session of the High Judicial and Prosecutorial Council (HJPC), six Bosniaks “voted to remove the chief prosecutor, no Serbs or Croats voted. Bosniaks want to take over the judiciary to govern the political process in the future,” told Dodik.

He added that RS cannot allow its land and forests to be confiscated and that resolving those issues is crucial to ending the blockades.

“Peace has no price or alternative. But if someone thinks that we should hand over RS after threats by the war on the other side, they are mistaken. We intend to peacefully fight for our rights. What you stole, we will either return unilaterally, or we will agree on a new arrangement on these things, ” concluded the member of the BiH Presidency.

E.Dz.

Source: Klix.ba

Chairperson of BiH Presidency met with the Hungarian President
Vucic: I am not happy with what I have heard about BiH, we cannot count on an absolutely peaceful Environment
Vulin: What if Million Serbs sign a Petition that there was no Genocide
While the Problems of Citizens of BiH are accumulating, the Presidency Members talk about War
Constitutional Court: Ban on the Movement of Persons under the Age of 18 and over 65 is Violation of Human Rights
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Analysis: What are the Consequences of Politics in BiH?
Next Article Mayor Stanivukovic with Porphyry: May everything we want for Bosniaks and Croats happen to us
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Konakovic and Doughty discussed Bilateral Relations between BiH and the United Kingdom
May 19, 2026
BiH among Nineteen Countries in Europol’s Action
May 19, 2026
Contract worth 74 Million BAM signed for the Procurement of new Technologies for Elections in BiH
May 19, 2026
President of the Federation of BiH spoke with the Chargé d’Affaires of the United States Embassy
May 19, 2026
Helez and Hunter discussed Military Cooperation Programs between BiH and Maryland
May 19, 2026
Kerim Alajbegovic Named Player of the Season in the Austrian Bundesliga
May 19, 2026
Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?