By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: East Sarajevo Mayor again placed the disputed Inscription at the Entrance in the City
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > East Sarajevo Mayor again placed the disputed Inscription at the Entrance in the City
POLITICS

East Sarajevo Mayor again placed the disputed Inscription at the Entrance in the City

Published: July 19, 2023
Share
SHARE

The mayor of East Sarajevo, Ljubiša Ćosić, said that today the disputed board with the inscription “Welcome to East Sarajevo, the city of 157,000 Serbs who had to leave Sarajevo” was put up again, which was removed a few days ago due to the reaction of the Sarajevo Canton authorities, and announced that he would file a criminal complaint against the cantonal authorities.

“I will file a criminal complaint against the mayor of Sarajevo, Benjamina Karić, the Cantonal Minister of Communal Economy, Infrastructure, Spatial Planning, Construction and Environmental Protection Almir Bečarević and unknown perpetrators for damaging and alienating other people’s property. Everything is evident, we have a video and we will submit the report to the competent prosecutor’s office in East Sarajevo. I will also file a report against Karić to the Cantonal Prosecutor’s Office because she did not remove the sign from the City Hall, which causes racial, religious and national hatred because the sign says ‘Serbian criminals’, and thus generalizes one people,” said Ćosić.

Ćosić claims that today the sign was placed safely on the territory of Republika Srpska, although, as he stated, the previous one was also placed in the same place where the sign stood 20 years ago.

He announced a legal battle regarding the determination of the entity line.

“I addressed the President of the Government of Sarajevo Canton, bearing in mind that the cantonal company was removing the sign. I addressed in a letter that we should solve everything in an institutional way and I asked that we form a commission that will determine the entity border in the area of East Sarajevo and Sarajevo,” he said.

He announced that similar signs will be placed at seven or eight other side entrances to East Sarajevo.

“We are glad that those who don’t like us, and that is surely political Sarajevo, have revealed their true colors – trying in every way to diminish the importance of East Sarajevo and what the Serbs have given to both Sarajevo and East Sarajevo,” he said.

We remind you that after it was determined that the board with false information was located on the territory of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Mayor of Sarajevo Benjamina Karić together with the Minister of Communal Economy, Infrastructure, Spatial Planning, Construction and Environmental Protection of Sarajevo Canton Almir Bečarević filed a criminal complaint against the mayor of East of Sarajevo Ljubiša Ćosić.

It is a sign with a disputed inscription: “Welcome to East Sarajevo, the city of 157,000 Serbs who had to leave Sarajevo”.

Previously, a criminal complaint for inciting national, religious and racial hatred was filed with the BiH Prosecutor’s Office, now also with the Sarajevo Canton Prosecutor’s Office. Attached to the criminal complaint are all the evidence of the installation of the plaque, as well as its location, Klix.ba reports.

Results of Local Elections in BiH to be finalized by Monday?
RS President with Ambassadors Casey and Consul Nikolić
V. Bevanda talked with representatives of Conference of Bishops of BiH
Sarajevo Mayor donates Hair for Children Suffering from Cancer
Would SDA, DF and HDZ accept a government without a single man?
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article BiH Minister of Security met with the Minister of Internal Affairs of Montenegro
Next Article Indictment issued against Members of the “White Eagles” for War Crimes
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Magyar assures Becirovic: Hungary seeks Relations founded on Respect
May 22, 2026
Radoncic: SBB will return, we are running for a Member of the BiH Presidency
May 22, 2026
BiH FM to participate at GLOBSEC Forum 2026
May 22, 2026
Duran sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for the Murder of Nadira Sahacic
May 22, 2026
Intensifying Cooperation between the judiciary of BiH and Croatia
May 22, 2026
Former Workers of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine threaten Hunger Strike
May 22, 2026
Anniversary of the Death of Twelve Babies over Lack of Oxygen in Banja Luka
May 22, 2026
BiH FM Files a Criminal Complaint Regarding the Opening of the Border Crossing in Bosanska Gradiška
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?