By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Former CIA Agent claims: They gave us Millions to split up Yugoslavia
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > SPORT > Former CIA Agent claims: They gave us Millions to split up Yugoslavia
SPORT

Former CIA Agent claims: They gave us Millions to split up Yugoslavia

Published November 30, 2015
Share
SHARE

cia

Robert Baer, a former CIA agent, talked about the disintegration of the former Yugoslavia in the 90’s.

Baer claims that then he and his colleagues received millions of dollars to influence politicians and to cause the splitting-up of the former Yugoslavia.

“We bribed parties and politicians who were encouraging hatred among nations,” stated Baer.

He also emphasized that one US senator told him during the war that Srebrenica will be the biggest news on the world’s front pages.

“He even told us that we can already start establishing contacts with the media,” said Baer.

This former CIA agent was arrested multiple times in recent years because he was revealing confidential state secrets. So far, he has published several books about the CIA, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.

“I arrived in Sarajevo for the first time on the 12th of January 1991. I came by helicopter with three other agents. Our task was to observe Serbian terrorists who were supposed to attack the city. We got the information that there will be a number of terrorist attacks in the city due to the intention of B&H to withdraw from the former Yugoslavia. But that was a lie, our bosses had lied to us. Our primary task was to spread panic that there would be attacks among politicians,” said Baer.

He stated that the mission lasted for two weeks, and then he went to Slovenia for a new mission.

“The entire operation lasted for a month and it was named ‘The Truth’,” said Baer.

He added that his team received several million dollars to fund non-governmental organizations, opposition parties and politicians who promoted hate in Slovenia, which was ready for independence.

“The aim of propaganda was to split up Yugoslavia,” said Baer.

He also emphasized that those who caused the war are today owners of companies, which are using natural and other resources of the former Yugoslavia.

“They made slaves out of you. Now you have to import from other countries, and since you do not have money, you have to borrow it. This is the very essence of the story about the Balkans,” said Baer.

At the end, he invited people of the Balkans not to hate each other and to forget the past, which was just part of one great show.

(Source: klix.ba/ photo abc)

 

FA Cup: Edin Džeko Made Two Goals and One Assist Against Blackburn

Džeko keen on Bundesliga return

BiH U-21 team defeated U-21 team of Macedonia

Security Measures have been increased in France ahead of the Match due to the ISIL Threat

Volleyball team ”Jedinstvo” from Brčko is the winner of Regional Volleyball league

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad1
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry1
Dead0
Wink1
Previous Article Success in Hollywood: New Film Projects of Mak Medovich from B&H
Next Article Halilhodzic wants to host our National Football Team at “Kirin Cup” in Tokyo
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Kristo with Holtzapple: OSCE is an important Partner for the Stability and Progress of the Region
November 4, 2025
What are the Conditions that BiH needs to fulfill in order to start Negotiations with the EU?
November 4, 2025
Kristo: We Must Do Everything to Reach a Decision on Appointing the Chief Negotiator
November 4, 2025
The Council of Ministers of BiH adopted the Draft Budget of the Institutions
November 4, 2025
The Prosecutor’s Office of BiH has suspended the Investigation against Dodik, Viskovic and Stevandic
November 4, 2025
‘Uskok3’ – Large Amount of Drugs seized
November 4, 2025
Constitutional Court of BiH Convenes Extraordinary Session Over Dodik’s Appeal
November 4, 2025
POSKOK conducts Searches in Sarajevo due to Suspicion of Corruption
November 4, 2025
ICC: War Crimes may have been committed in Sudan
November 4, 2025
MOD: No Criminal Prosecution for Young Men From BiH Who Do Not Serve in the Croatian Army
November 4, 2025
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?