By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: France Launches Investigation into Threats Against Judges in Le Pen Trial
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > France Launches Investigation into Threats Against Judges in Le Pen Trial
WORLD NEWS

France Launches Investigation into Threats Against Judges in Le Pen Trial

Published April 3, 2025
Share
SHARE

An investigation has been opened into threats against judges following Marine Le Pen’s conviction for corruption earlier this week, French media report.

In order to target “reprehensible remarks directed at the judges who collectively made the decision,” an investigation has been launched, Paris public prosecutor Laure Beccuau said on Tuesday.

The investigation, led by the National Center for Combating Online Hate, has been assigned to the Brigade for the Suppression of Crimes Against Persons.

Earlier this year, another investigation was launched into death threats against the judge who presided over the hearing and the prosecutors who brought the case against Le Pen and her co-defendants.

The death threats were made on a far-right website, French media report.

The far-right leader Le Pen (56), a frontrunner in the 2027 presidential elections, has been banned from running for public office for five years after being convicted of embezzling European Union (EU) funds.

Le Pen was also sentenced to four years in prison, including two years with an electronic bracelet, while the remainder is suspended. She was also fined 100.000 euros (108.200 dollars).

The First Presidency of the Paris Court of Appeal has called for “respect for the judiciary,” as personal attacks against the three judges in this case have escalated on social media.

Minister of the Interior of France Bruno Retailleau condemned the threats on Tuesday as absolutely unacceptable and expressed readiness to place the judges under protection together with Minister of Justice Gerald Darmanin.

Trump about Musk: “I’m disappointed, He knew everything about the Law until it threatened his Billions”

Zelensky says Kyiv will not Compromise over Territorial Issues

Legendary BiH Coach Halilhodzic is building luxury Apartments near Dubrovnik

The US Congress will sanction the International Criminal Court

Strong Earthquake hits Albanian Town of Elbasan

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Osmani Proposes Defense Agreement Between Kosovo and the UK
Next Article Heavy Rains cause Problems in BiH: Landslides, flooded Roads, damaged Trees
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Exchange of Letters on the 30th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations between BiH and Japan
February 20, 2026
BiH’s Specialized Industry Records Steady Export Growth Over the Past Five Years
February 20, 2026
Cassis and Konakovic: Transparent Elections are crucial for Democracy in BiH
February 20, 2026
The US Supreme Court overturned Trump’s Tariffs
February 20, 2026
Becirovic-Cassis: OSCE remains dedicated to preserving Peace and Stability in BiH and the Region
February 20, 2026
BiH Photographer Bakir Niksic passes away: A Man who saw Beauty in ordinary People
February 20, 2026
Protection of Buna River instead of Small Hydroelectric Power Plants
February 20, 2026
Government of FBiH Approves Adjustment of Pensions in the Amount of 11.26 Percent
February 20, 2026
POSKOK officially took over the Donja Jablanica Case
February 20, 2026
Kristo Urges Western Balkan PMs to Present Unified EU Strategy Amid Escalating Transport Disputes
February 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?