By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Great Explosion in Tehran Square full of Protesters
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Great Explosion in Tehran Square full of Protesters
WORLD NEWS

Great Explosion in Tehran Square full of Protesters

Published March 13, 2026
Share
SHARE

A large explosion rocked a crowded square in Tehran on Sunday, Iranian state television reported. The blast occurred in Ferdowsi Square, near Tehran University, the epicenter of demonstrations marking Quds Day, or Jerusalem Day, an event usually marked on the last Friday of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

Video released by the Tasnim news agency showed smoke rising as protesters chanted “Death to Israel” and “Death to America.” The cause of the explosion was not immediately known. Israel had warned shortly before the blast that it might carry out an attack in the area. Authorities in Tehran did not immediately release details of what happened. However, the location of the explosion appeared to be close to an area previously identified by Israel as a target.

Shortly before the Tehran attack, an explosion rocked the city of Qazvin, which Israel had also warned could be a target. People reported other strikes in Tehran at around the same time, although there was no immediate word on what was hit.

Residents of the northern Israeli village of Zarzir heard loud explosions as they ran for shelter early this morning, and when they emerged, most of the area was in ruins. Authorities say nearly 60 people were injured in a rocket attack on an Arab-Israeli village near the Lebanese border.

The pro-Iranian Lebanese movement Hezbollah said on Tuesday it had fired several rockets at northern Israel and Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon.

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian urged the public to participate despite the war. He wrote on Thursday that the Iranian people should “disappoint Iran’s enemies by taking to the streets in greater numbers than ever before.”

The Fars news agency, which is affiliated with the elite Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), released a video showing people hammering nails into coffins covered in American and Israeli flags. Another video showed men trampling a large American flag in the street. The flag says “Down with America” ​​in English.

Japan launches Kounotori 7 cargo spaceship to space station

An Elderly Palestinian Woman known for her Statement: “I am older than Israel” was killed

Taliban overrun district in S. Afghan province

UN: Yemen hit by worst hunger crisis

COVID-19 Pandemic threatens to wide the Gender Gaps that persist despite 30 Years of Progress

Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article BiH Air Navigation Services Agency ended Last Year with a Net Profit
Next Article NATO says it is ready to defend itself against Threats from all Directions
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Thousands protest in Zenica, the Fight for the Steelworks is a Matter of the Industry’s Survival
May 1, 2026
One Person killed in BiH’s Capital
May 1, 2026
RS Government Report: Schmidt labeled as Usurper, call for Respect for Dayton
May 1, 2026
Street Named After Dr. Dušanka Vujasić Solemnly Opened in Goražde
May 1, 2026
IRMCT Confirms Defense of War Criminal Ratko Mladic Files Urgent Motion for Release
May 1, 2026
Zenica Meeting Sends Clear Message: Urgent Implementation of FBiH Government Plan for New Steel Plant
May 1, 2026
A two-million-BAM Scandal is Looming in Banja Luka over Monument Construction
May 1, 2026
Today is May Day, the Holiday of Labor and the Struggle for Workers’ Rights
May 1, 2026
Increased Traffic Intensity, the heaviest Congestion at Border Crossings to the South
May 1, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic announces His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 1, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
adbanner
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?