By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Hamas Delegation left Cairo, no signs of Progress in truce Talks
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Hamas Delegation left Cairo, no signs of Progress in truce Talks
WORLD NEWS

Hamas Delegation left Cairo, no signs of Progress in truce Talks

Published: March 7, 2024
Share
SHARE

Hamas announced that its delegation had left Cairo on Thursday amid talks on a Gaza ceasefire deal that mediators hope to reach before the start of Ramadan early next week.

After four days of talks brokered by Qatar and Egypt to secure a 40-day ceasefire ahead of the Muslim month of fasting, there is still no sign of progress on the points of contention.

The warring parties accuse each other of such developments.

“The Hamas delegation left Cairo this morning for consultations with the leadership of the movement. Negotiations and efforts to stop the aggression, return the displaced and deliver aid to our people continue,” Hamas said in a statement.

Senior Hamas official Sami Abu Zuhri said Israel was “obstructing” efforts to reach a ceasefire agreement.

Abu Zuhri told Reuters that Israel is rejecting Hamas demands to end its offensive in the enclave, withdraw its forces and ensure freedom of entry into Gaza for aid delivery and the return of displaced persons.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reiterated on Thursday his intention to continue the military campaign in Gaza. Israel has previously announced that its goal is to destroy Hamas and that any ceasefire must be temporary. He also asked for a list of hostages still alive and held by Hamas in Gaza.

US President Joe Biden said earlier this week that the ceasefire agreement was in the hands of Hamas.

The deal presented to Hamas assumes the release of some of the hostages kidnapped by Hamas on October 7 in an attack on southern Israel in which, according to Israeli data, 1,200 people were killed and 253 were kidnapped.

Palestinian prisoners in Israel would also be freed.

Pope Leo XIV meets with US Vice President Vance
Szijjarto Expressed Support For Dodik – The Last Thing We Need Is Another Crisis In The Western Balkans
EUROPOL arrested Nineteen Smugglers in BiH and Croatia
Hamas could recognize Israel to end War in Gaza, senior Official says
Escobar: Dodik is still focused on Unpacking Dayton and the BiH Constitution
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Israel approved the Construction of Thousands of New Homes in illegal Settlements in the West Bank
Next Article BiH Minister of Transport met with his Serbian Counterpart
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Wearing Jersey of BiH at the World Cup is a privilege that Generations Dream about
May 23, 2026
BiH FM at the GLOBSEC Forum: Preserve the Full Role of the OHR as a Key Factor in the Protection of the Constitutional Order
May 23, 2026
The Cost of Sour Grapes
May 23, 2026
GSS Prenj founds a Person who went Missing Four Days ago
May 23, 2026
EUFOR Chief of Staff Hosts Netherlands Marechaussee Deputy Commander
May 23, 2026
BiH Ministry of Defense and the BiH Armed Forces participate at the 66th international Military-Police Pilgrimage
May 23, 2026
Ambassador Arnaut spoke in the Bundestag about Cooperation, the Culture of Remembrance
May 23, 2026
Preparations for the World Cup begin: ‘Dragons’ gather in BiH’s Capital
May 23, 2026
42,762 Traffic Accidents recorded in BiH last Year, 117 per Day
May 23, 2026
Where is BiH 34 Years after its admission to the United Nations?
May 23, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?