By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Hamas responded to the American proposal for a cease-fire
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Hamas responded to the American proposal for a cease-fire
WORLD NEWS

Hamas responded to the American proposal for a cease-fire

Published: June 11, 2024
Share
©️Ahram Online
SHARE

Hamas and Islamic Jihad proposed certain amendments in response to the American offer to reach an agreement on a ceasefire and the release of hostages, reports Al Jazeera.

Citing unnamed sources, the Qatari media said that the proposed amendments by Hamas include the withdrawal of Israel from the entire Gaza Strip, including the Rafah border crossing and the so-called Philadelphia Corridor, which is a total of 14 kilometers long between the Gaza border and Egypt.

According to the report, the Palestinian response was sent to the Qatari and Egyptian negotiators by Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh and Palestinian Islamic Jihad Secretary General Ziad al-Nakhaleh.

Reuters quoted an official familiar with the talks as saying that Hamas’ response included a new timeline for a permanent ceasefire and the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Gaza.

Earlier in a joint statement, Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad expressed their “willingness to positively” reach a cease-fire agreement in Gaza, in their first official response since US President Joe Biden presented what he said was Israel’s latest offer of truce and liberation of hostages.

“The response prioritizes the interests of our Palestinian people and the necessity of a complete halt to the ongoing aggression against the Gaza Strip,” the statement said.

They add that they have submitted their response to the proposed cease-fire agreement in Gaza to the Qatari and Egyptian mediators, which Doha and Cairo confirm without giving details.

Hamas’ response comes after the UN Security Council yesterday adopted a US-proposed resolution calling on Hamas to accept Israel’s latest proposal, Klix.ba reports.

 

About 80,000 people fled Rafah in Gaza due to the Israeli Attack
Tensions Escalate in the Middle East as Houthis Boldly Threaten Israel and U.S.
A Family from Bosnia hosted a Truck Driver after he got stuck on the Road
Donald Trump Jr. arrives in Banja Luka
Hikmet Krkalic has been searching for his Brother’s Remains for Three Decades
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Migrant boat capsizes off Yemen, at least 49 dead, 140 missing
Next Article Helez and Reilly opened the renovated guard building in the ‘Rajlovac’ barracks
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?