By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Iran threatens to close the Mediterranean Sea over Gaza War
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Iran threatens to close the Mediterranean Sea over Gaza War
WORLD NEWS

Iran threatens to close the Mediterranean Sea over Gaza War

Published: December 24, 2023
Share
SHARE

The commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said the Mediterranean Sea could be closed if the United States and its allies “continue committing atrocities” in Gaza, Iranian media reported Saturday, without specifying how that would happen.

Iran supports Hamas in its war against Israel and accuses the United States of supporting what it calls Israeli atrocities in Gaza, where weeks of bombardment have killed thousands and displaced most residents from their homes.

“They will soon witness the closure of the Mediterranean Sea, the Strait of Gibraltar and other waterways,” said Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Naqdi, Commander of the Guard, reports the semi-official news agency Tasnim.

Yemen’s Iran-linked Houthi group attacked merchant ships sailing through the Red Sea last month in retaliation for Israel’s attack on Gaza, prompting some shipping companies to change routes.

The White House said Friday that Iran is “deeply involved” in planning operations against commercial shipping in the Red Sea.

Iran does not have direct access to the Mediterranean itself and it is not clear how the Guard could try to close it, although Naqdi spoke of “the birth of new resistance forces and the closing of other waterways”.

“Yesterday, the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz became a nightmare for them, and today they are trapped in the Red Sea,” the agency quotes the statement of Naqdi.

The only groups supported by Iran in the Mediterranean are the Lebanese Hezbollah and the allied militia in Syria, reports NY Post.

BiH Delegation met with the Deputy Assistant Secretary General of NATO
BiH and Italy sign Agreement on Mutual Recognition of Driver Licences
Journalists discussed Threats to fundamental Freedoms with high-level Interlocutors
OSCE Secretary General highlights Dialogue and co-operation as Keystone
The Largest Investment in BiH is delayed due to the Crisis in the Suez Canal
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Albania sends additional Troops to Kosovo: There is a Danger of new Attacks from Serbia
Next Article Interview with Edin Dzeko, One of the World’s best Football Players
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Trade Unions demand urgent Adoption of Law on Emergency Administration in New Steelwork Zenica
May 24, 2026
Fifteen BiH National Team Players had their First training Session in Butmir
May 24, 2026
EUFOR ALTHEA and the Italian Red Cross Deliver IHL Course for the AFBiH
May 24, 2026
Who Will Be the New High Representative?
May 24, 2026
Sarajevo Pride Returns as Organizers Invite Citizens to Decorate Balconies with Rainbow Colors
May 23, 2026
More than 200 Oldtimers in Mostar at one of the largest Gatherings of its kind in Europe
May 23, 2026
Wearing Jersey of BiH at the World Cup is a privilege that Generations Dream about
May 23, 2026
BiH FM at the GLOBSEC Forum: Preserve the Full Role of the OHR as a Key Factor in the Protection of the Constitutional Order
May 23, 2026
The Cost of Sour Grapes
May 23, 2026
GSS Prenj founds a Person who went Missing Four Days ago
May 23, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?