By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Iran’s Top Military Commander warns that any US War against Tehran would serve as a ‘lesson’
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Iran’s Top Military Commander warns that any US War against Tehran would serve as a ‘lesson’
WORLD NEWS

Iran’s Top Military Commander warns that any US War against Tehran would serve as a ‘lesson’

Published: February 17, 2026
Share
SHARE

Iran’s top military commander warned on Sunday that any US war against Tehran would serve as a “lesson” for US President Donald Trump, as tensions in the region continue to simmer.

Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi, the chief of staff of Iran’s armed forces, said the US president should understand that he is entering a “battle that teaches a lesson”.

Trump said Friday that regime change in Iran “would be the best thing that could happen,” as tensions escalate amid the deployment of a second U.S. aircraft carrier to the Middle East.

He announced that the USS Gerald R. Ford, described as the largest aircraft carrier in the world, would soon head to the region in case negotiations between Washington and Tehran fail.

“In case we don’t get a deal, we’re going to need them. They’re going to be gone soon,” he said.

The USS Abraham Lincoln and a fleet of destroyers are already stationed in the Persian Gulf region after being dispatched last month amid rising tensions between the two countries.

Mousavi described Trump’s comments as “unworthy of a president” and “reckless.”

He said that if Trump intends to wage war, he should not talk about “negotiations,” referring to the nuclear diplomacy between the two sides that resumed earlier this month.

The latest round of nuclear talks took place in Oman on February 6, more than eight months after the Iran-Israel war put diplomacy on the back burner.

Turkey and other regional states have recently intervened to help calm tensions and revive diplomatic channels, especially after Trump threatened military action against Iran.

The next round of talks is scheduled for Tuesday in Geneva, according to Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Majid Takht-Ravanchi, who confirmed the meeting in an interview on Sunday.

He said Washington must demonstrate its commitment to reaching an agreement aimed at resolving the nuclear issue.

“The ball is in America’s court,” he said. “If they’re honest, I’m sure we’ll be on our way to an agreement.”

Dodik’s Flight by Serbian Army Helicopter to Hvar was reported as Civilian
Increasing Hunger in West and Central Africa due to persistent Conflict and Economic Turmoil
Trump approves plan to attack Iran, but waits for Final Decision: “I like to make it a second earlier”
EU reaffirms the need to pay Special Attention to the growing Impact of the Pandemic on all Human Rights
Significantly cheaper Fuel in Croatia
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article EX-YU Airlines and Airports Open Talks on Launching New Regional Routes
Next Article The US and Iran are expected to hold a Second Round of Nuclear Talks Today
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Ambassador Kalabuhov: The Time has come to close the OHR
May 12, 2026
Milorad Dodik insulted EU High Representative Kaja Kallas
May 12, 2026
WHO: No signs of major Hantavirus Outbreak
May 12, 2026
BiH FM in Bratislava: EU Integration, Regional Stability and Security Key Priorities for BiH
May 12, 2026
The Slovenian Pavilion at the 61st Venice Biennale Presents the Project “Soundtrack of an Invisible House”
May 12, 2026
Record Monthly Earnings in FBiH Spark Questions Over Secretive Company Payments
May 12, 2026
Women in Police Forces in Bosnia and Herzegovina Remain Drastically Underrepresented
May 12, 2026
EU provides €10 Million Grant to accelerate Road Modernisation Investments in BiH
May 12, 2026
First Decision of the RS Tax Administration: Penalty due to the Origin of the Property
May 12, 2026
Funeral and Burial of Remains of War Victims in Bratunac Today
May 12, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?