By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Israel informed the US that it expects a Major Military Attack from Iran soon
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Israel informed the US that it expects a Major Military Attack from Iran soon
WORLD NEWS

Israel informed the US that it expects a Major Military Attack from Iran soon

Published: August 12, 2024
Share
©️The White House
SHARE

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant told his American colleague Lloyd Austin that Iran is preparing for a major military attack on Israel in retaliation for the assassination of the Hamas leader in Tehran.

The telephone conversation between Gallant and Austin was first reported on the X network by the journalist of the American online media Axios Barak Ravid, and the call was confirmed by the Israeli Ministry of Defense, clarifying that the two ministers discussed operational and strategic coordination and the readiness of the Israeli army for Iranian threats.

Austin, meanwhile, ordered the deployment of a guided-missile submarine to the Middle East after the US military already announced it would deploy additional warplanes and warships to the region to help bolster Israel’s defenses.

Iran is preparing to carry out Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s order to “severely punish” Israel for the killing of Palestinian Hamas political leader Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran in late July, Iranian media quoted the deputy commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard as saying on Friday.

According to Axios, citing Israeli intelligence assessments, Iran is expected to launch a direct attack on Israel in the next few days, possibly before talks between Israel and Hamas on Thursday on a Gaza ceasefire and the release of captured Israeli hostages.

It is a twist, as Israeli intelligence last week suggested that Iran had not yet decided on the timing and extent of its response to Haniya’s murder, estimating that international pressure and internal debates in Iran could prepare Khamenei for only limited retaliation against Israel.

According to Axios, Israeli intelligence remains confident that Hezbollah is likely to strike first in retaliation for an Israeli strike that killed a senior Lebanese Shiite military commander in Beirut.

Then Iran is expected to join it with its own direct attack. In Israel, the attacks by Hezbollah and Iran are expected to be greater than those carried out by Tehran in April this year, when it avenged the death of two Iranian generals who were killed in an Israeli attack on the Syrian capital Damascus.

Gallant also hinted that Tehran was preparing for a larger attack during a visit to an Israeli forces unit on Sunday, when he said that Iran and Hezbollah “are threatening to harm us in a way that has never been done before in the past.”

“I hope they will change their minds and not start a war on additional fronts. We don’t want that, but we have to be ready,” Galant said.

Aid from BiH also reached the Earthquake-affected Areas in Syria
Wall Street And Europe Start The Year With New Historic Records
Recep Tayyip Erdogan declared Victory, remains the President of Turkey
The Soda Poisoning Scandal shakes Croatia
“It’s time for the President of Serbia to leave Bosnia and Herzegovina alone!”
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Prosecutor’s Office on Femicide in BiH: Serious Murder committed, Autopsy ordered
Next Article The Federation of BiH Government acquired 19 New Cars
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

More than 30 Council of Europe Parliamentarians arrive in Sarajevo
May 17, 2026
The Museum of Literature and Theater Arts of BiH implements a Digital Library Project
May 17, 2026
New Law Makes Stay of Workers from BiH in Croatia Easier
May 17, 2026
34 Years Ago, Defenders of Sarajevo Thwarted Aggressors’ Hellish Plan
May 17, 2026
Academic Freedoms at Universities in BiH increasingly threatened by Political Pressures
May 17, 2026
BiH and Moldova Move Toward First-Ever Scheduled Air Links
May 17, 2026
SOC: LGBTI Persons in BiH still without full Protection
May 17, 2026
Three Gold and One Silver Medal for Young BiH Athletes
May 17, 2026
Schmidt Signals Possible Breakthrough on State Property Issue in BiH
May 17, 2026
Bulgaria is the Winner of the 70th Edition of Eurovision Song Contest
May 17, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?