By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Israeli Army raids Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza, calls on Hamas to surrender
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Israeli Army raids Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza, calls on Hamas to surrender
WORLD NEWS

Israeli Army raids Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza, calls on Hamas to surrender

Published: November 15, 2023
Share
SHARE

After extensive attacks around the Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City, the Israeli army stormed the premises of the medical complex early Wednesday morning.

Dr. Ahmad Mikhallalati, head of the burn unit at Al-Shifa Hospital, said in a statement to the media carried by Al Jazeera that Israeli tanks and bulldozers were now inside the compound.

The Israeli army previously announced that it had launched a military operation in a “certain part” of the Al-Shifa compound.

The announcement came after Gaza’s Ministry of Health said the army had officially notified the administration of the medical complex that it would carry out a raid on Tuesday night.

Dr. Muhammad Zaqout, director general of hospitals in Gaza, told Al Jazeera that “not a single bullet was fired from the hospital during the occupation forces’ attack on the compound.”

“The occupying forces stormed the surgery and emergency building in the Al-Shifa complex, entered the emergency department and are now searching the basement of the hospital,” Zaqout said.

He emphasized that the Israeli army found no evidence that members of the Palestinian resistance were hiding in or around the hospital, contrary to their claims before the raid on the compound.

The Palestinian group Hamas holds Israel and US President Joe Biden fully responsible for the consequences of the attack on Al-Shifa and the safety of medical personnel and displaced people who took refuge there.

Palestinian Health Minister Mai Al-Kaila also stated that “the Israeli occupation is responsible for the lives of medical staff, patients and displaced people in the Al-Shifa compound.”

Al-Kaila warned of “catastrophic consequences for patients and medical staff if the occupation army attacks the Al-Shifa medical complex.”

Ismail Al-Thawabta, head of the government’s media office in Gaza, called the raid on the hospital a “war crime.”

“The occupation will not prove that Al-Shifa hospital is the headquarters of the resistance leadership,” Al-Thawabta told Al-Jazeera, adding that “the occupation is expected to bring weapons into the hospital, arrange them in a certain way and then take photographs.”, Anadolu Agency reports.

Assange released from Prison, left Britain
A Milestone Toward Equitable Healthcare in Eastern Indonesia
Iran’s supreme Leader called on Muslims to stop exporting Food and Oil to Israel
UN: Nearly 600 Children Killed in Gaza by Israeli Strikes Since Last Month
Production of Heat Energy from Waste Water in Canton Sarajevo
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Security Professor: Bosnia and Herzegovina is not a Threat to the Security of Europe
Next Article Meteoalarm has issued a Yellow Warning for the greater Part of BiH
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Rome and Washington Back Landi for High Representative
May 20, 2026
Hasanovic demands a Public Apology from BiH Minister of Finance
May 20, 2026
ITA BiH: The new Gradiska Border Crossing has not been opened, but temporarily moved to another Location
May 20, 2026
Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?