By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Lebanese Army accuses Israel of ‘delaying’ Withdrawal
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Lebanese Army accuses Israel of ‘delaying’ Withdrawal
WORLD NEWS

Lebanese Army accuses Israel of ‘delaying’ Withdrawal

Published: January 25, 2025
Share
SHARE

The Lebanese army said on Saturday it was ready to deploy its forces in the south of the country, accusing Israel of “delaying” in withdrawing under a ceasefire, a day before the withdrawal deadline.

Under the terms of the truce between Israel and Hezbollah that came into effect on November 27 last year, the Lebanese army is to deploy alongside United Nations peacekeepers in the south of the country while the Israeli army withdraws over a 60-day period ending on Sunday.

Hezbollah will withdraw its forces north of the Litani River – about 30 kilometers from the border – and dismantle all remaining military infrastructure in the south.

“There has been a delay in several stages as a result of the Israeli enemy’s delay in the withdrawal,” the Lebanese army said in a statement, confirming that it was “ready to resume its deployment as soon as the Israeli enemy withdraws.”

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said on Friday that the withdrawal of troops would continue beyond the week-long deadline set by the agreement.

“The withdrawal process is conditional on the deployment of the Lebanese army in southern Lebanon and the full and effective implementation of the agreement, with Hezbollah withdrawing behind the Litani River,” Netanyahu’s office said in a statement.

“Given that the Lebanese state has not yet fully implemented the ceasefire agreement, the process of a gradual withdrawal will continue in full coordination with the United States,” the Israeli leader’s office said in a statement, AFP reports.

Cardinal Puljic: “I Asked the Pope to Bless Me and My Country”
Does the arming of the Region represent a Threat to Peace in BiH?
Pope prays for war-torn Ukraine, Israel and Palestine
Sweden has around 62,000 People active and connected to criminal Networks, Police says
The Number of Palestinians killed in Israeli Attacks exceeded 35 Thousand
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article A new Nuclear Agreement with Iran is possible for Trump
Next Article Investment of more than Four Million BAM for the Reconstruction of the Ostrozac Castle
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Coordinated for Stability: EUFOR and NATO Co-Host Ambassador’s Roundtable
May 13, 2026
Christian Schmidt and the War Against Bosnia’s Permanent Political Class
May 13, 2026
Croat National Assembly Supports Vinko Puljic: “He Faces Inappropriate Attacks”
May 13, 2026
Accredited Universities without Licenses, Degrees Ended Up in Public Institutions
May 13, 2026
International Action: Six Persons arrested for Sexual Exploitation of Children
May 13, 2026
SIPA Police Officers conducting Operational Action at several Locations
May 13, 2026
EUFOR Commander to host Ambassadors’ Roundtable at Camp Butmir
May 13, 2026
Bosnia Still Needs Critical Reforms, Says Outgoing High Representative Schmidt
May 13, 2026
The SEPCA General Assembly Focused on Combating Organized Crime begins in Sarajevo
May 13, 2026
Milorad Dodik Announces Declaration of Independence of Republika Srpska if Law on State Property Is Imposed
May 13, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?