By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Minister Podzic: 26,837 tons of Ammunition and Explosive ordinance were safely disposed
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Minister Podzic: 26,837 tons of Ammunition and Explosive ordinance were safely disposed
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

Minister Podzic: 26,837 tons of Ammunition and Explosive ordinance were safely disposed

Published: September 23, 2021
Share
SHARE

The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) supported today the country’s Ministry of Defence in holding the 18th Session of the BiH Strategic Committee for Weapons, Ammunition and Explosive Ordnance.

The session brought together key representatives of the Defence Ministry, Armed Forces, and BiH Parliamentary Assembly’s Joint Committee for Defence and Security, and international organizations and embassies supporting security and defence sector reform. They reviewed the progress achieved in the safe disposal of surplus weapons, ammunition and explosive ordinance (AWE), and jointly planned future activities.

“Up to 14 September 2021, 26,837 tons of ammunition and explosive ordinance were safely disposed of in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Our armed forces are now left with 4,800 tons of surplus ammunition and explosive ordinance and 40,000 surplus weapons,” said Sifet Podžić, BiH Defence Minister.

Podžić noted that significant progress has been achieved in improving the security and safety at the AWE storage sites and thanked the OSCE, UNDP and EUFOR for their support through the implementation of the SAFE-UP, EXPLODE+ and Small Arms and Light Weapons Marking projects, among others.

“Prior to 2011, the security and safety situation at ammunition and weapons storage sites in BiH was alarming,” said Kathleen Kavalec, Head of the OSCE Mission to BiH.

“We have achieved a great deal since then by increasing the security at four storage sites through two OSCE projects, SECUP and SAFE-UP, and by helping establish a modern ammunition testing laboratory at TROM Doboj. Those two projects had the support of 17 OSCE participating States that jointly invested more than 3.3 million Euros into those efforts,” added Kavalec.

Kavalec further noted that the OSCE Mission will continue to work with its national and international partners to support the implementation of the BiH arms control priorities, which now include reducing stockpiles, improving security and safety at prospective ammunition storage sites, and decommissioning non-prospective sites. 

The OSCE Mission to BiH is mandated with strengthening human rights, democratic governance, and security co-operation. It is one of the key strategic partners to the BiH Ministry of Defence in the implementation of the country’s master plan for the management of ammunition, weapons and explosives.

Seminar ”Microbiology of Food in the Light of New Regulation” will be held tomorrow
BiH Minister of Infrastructure and Spatial Planning arrested for Abuse of Office
Members of the AFBiH at the annual EUFOR Quick Response 2021 Exercise
Police excluded 193 Drunk Drivers from Traffic
The High Judicial and Prosecutorial Council appointed new Judges
TAGGED:#ammunition#BiH#explosives#OSCE
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article High Representative Borrell meets with Western Balkans Regional Leaders
Next Article IOM donates Mobile Device intended for COVID-19 Testing to Hospital in BiH
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Magyar assures Becirovic: Hungary seeks Relations founded on Respect
May 22, 2026
Radoncic: SBB will return, we are running for a Member of the BiH Presidency
May 22, 2026
BiH FM to participate at GLOBSEC Forum 2026
May 22, 2026
Duran sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for the Murder of Nadira Sahacic
May 22, 2026
Intensifying Cooperation between the judiciary of BiH and Croatia
May 22, 2026
Former Workers of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine threaten Hunger Strike
May 22, 2026
Anniversary of the Death of Twelve Babies over Lack of Oxygen in Banja Luka
May 22, 2026
BiH FM Files a Criminal Complaint Regarding the Opening of the Border Crossing in Bosanska Gradiška
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?