By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: More than 8 Tons of Drugs were seized in Croatia
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > More than 8 Tons of Drugs were seized in Croatia
WORLD NEWS

More than 8 Tons of Drugs were seized in Croatia

Published: April 10, 2025
Share
SHARE

Croatian Minister of the Interior Davor Božinović specified that in the last two interconnected actions of the police and Uskok against 45 persons suspected of drug abuse, more than eight tons of various types of drugs were seized.

“The actions are codenamed ‘Armageddon’ and ‘Dica and Hope’ and represent a significant attack by the Croatian police on the criminal structure of the drug milieu. “Seven police departments with a total of 250 police officers from several branches of the police, including criminal, special and intervention police, are participating in the action,” he said.

Božinović explained that the police and the prosecutor’s office are targeting several criminal associations that several years ago transported large quantities of drugs from Latin America and Albania to Europe, mainly cocaine, heroin, marijuana, hashish and synthetic drugs.

“We are talking about the seizure of more than eight tons of various types of drugs, the most being cocaine, around 6.7 tons. Some of the drugs were seized in Croatia, but most of the seizures were made in the United States of America and Spain,” he added.

The minister emphasized that more than 2,600 criminal offenses of drug abuse are prosecuted annually in Croatia, while 27 criminal associations related to drug crime are prosecuted annually, which is 35 percent more than during the mandates of previous governments.

The former world champion is allegedly also being targeted by investigators

“These figures indicate the careful, patient and multi-year work of the police, whereby large resources are invested, mainly by the criminal police. Those results show why Croatia is a safe country and why it is a leader in the fight against organized crime,” he said.

The police previously announced that arrests and the implementation of urgent evidentiary actions are underway in the area of ​​the police administrations of Split-Dalmatia, Zagreb, Primorje-Gorski Kotar, Istria, Sibenik-Knin, Zadar and Dubrovnik-Neretva.

After the criminal investigation is completed, the suspects will be handed over to the custody supervisor, while the police will file criminal charges against them with the Office for the Suppression of Corruption and Organized Crime, the MUP reported.

Uskok reported that after questioning the suspect, he will make a decision on further action, i.e. whether he will initiate an investigation against the suspects and request pre-trial detention, about which he will “inform the public in a timely manner”.

The media announced that the investigators are targeting, among others, the co-owner of the Zagreb folk club Ritz Mario Gavrić, the former world champion in kick-boxing Marko Benzon and Jakša Cvitanović Cvik, who the media once called the Korčula drug lord. The Zagreb group was allegedly led by Christian Palić, and the Split group by Benzon, Hina writes.

Photo: illustration

The Hour of Doomsday has come the closest it has ever come to destroying Humanity
What is a Doomsday Plane?
G20 Summit opens, starting new Journey for world’s future growth
IGC Canada requests that the HR bans the Commemoration of the unconstitutional January 9th
State Department comments the Meeting of Dodik and Putin
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Lifeless Body of a Woman found in a Landfill in Srebrenik
Next Article Trump Hikes China Tariffs to 145% in Escalation of Trade War
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Lana Daher Awarded the Katrin Cartlidge Foundation Award
August 19, 2026
Worker dies in Mostar Aluminij Complex
August 19, 2026
Asghar Farhadi to Receive the Honorary Heart of Sarajevo Tonight
August 19, 2026
Chairman of BiH Presidency meets with Management of Srebrenica Memorial Center
August 19, 2026
The HJPC strongly warned Politicians and the Media
August 19, 2026
Atabaki: I Was Making a Film About Women Quietly Changing the Rules of Their Own Community
August 19, 2026
Turkish Actor Halit Ergenc arrives at the Sarajevo Film Festival
August 19, 2026
Emily Watson: Sarajevo Reminds Me Why We Make Films in the First Place
August 19, 2026
Major Police Action underway in the Central Bosnia Canton
August 19, 2026
Temporary Decision for the Border Crossing in Gradiska expires
August 19, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?