By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: New Gathering of Support for the Palestinians in Gaza underway in Sarajevo
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > New Gathering of Support for the Palestinians in Gaza underway in Sarajevo
WORLD NEWS

New Gathering of Support for the Palestinians in Gaza underway in Sarajevo

Published: January 7, 2024
Share
SHARE

In Sarajevo, a new gathering of support for the Palestinians in Gaza, organized by the International Organization for Development (IOD).

Many participants in the rally, mostly young people, carried the flags of Palestine and Bosnia and Herzegovina and banners with the inscriptions “Those who support genocide are the same as those who commit it”, “Don’t talk to murderers of children and innocents” and “Palestine, you are not alone” , Bosnia is always with you” and others.

The participants chanted slogans against the war, the occupation and the killing of children in Gaza.

The organizers stated that the aim of this event is to raise awareness of the difficult humanitarian conditions faced by people in Palestine and to honor the memories of those who lost their lives.

“We want to point out the catastrophic situation in Palestine. We want to call for a ceasefire, an end to genocide, apartheid and ethnic cleansing. This is the third peaceful walk that we have organized and each time we hope that there will be no need for the next one. Unfortunately, every two to for three weeks we are obliged to organize a peaceful walk and show that the people of Bosnia and Herzegovina are with the people of Palestine”, said Safija Tadefi, one of the organizers of the rally.

She called on everyone living in more influential countries, especially in the USA, to “raise their voices and put pressure on their governments to stop the genocide in Gaza.”

Among the countless citizens who responded to the peaceful walk is Adela Korać, who lives in France. As she said, the pictures from the Gaza Strip make them very sad and they try to do everything to help.

“Anyone who has humanity in them will support all of this, and to imagine that it can happen to us too. That it will never happen again to anyone. We are here to support, to pray, as much as possible, because maybe this very prayer will save us.” , said Korac.

The participants gathered in front of Sebilje in Baščaršija and formed a column that passed through the streets of Sarajevo towards the center of Aria, where a humanitarian bazaar was organized.

“We are cooperating with the organization Human Appeal, which currently has its own people on the ground in Gaza. We were able to deliver several food packages. We are working on collecting donations so that we can get waterproof tents and deliver them to Gaza. We have a humanitarian bazaar, there will be a sale of cakes and other small things, and everyone is welcome,” Tadefi said.

Two large protests in support of the Palestinians in Gaza were previously held in Sarajevo, and several smaller peaceful protests were held in front of international institutions, AA writes.

Photo ©️ N1

Artbat created a great Atmosphere and made Thousands dance in the Center of Sarajevo
Surge in Novel Drugs Floods European Market, Alarming Health Officials
BiH Prosecutor’s Office Launches Investigation into Alleged Russian Training Camps for Moldovan Citizens
US Embassy on January 9th: We expect the Judiciary to act decisively
Since the beginning of the war, 80 percent of the population of Gaza has been displaced
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love1
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article The Sentence that Princess Diana spoke during her Visit to Tuzla still attracts Attention
Next Article Sultan of Brunei’s Son posed with his Fiancee of Croatian Roots: We wish you all the best in 2024
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Radoncic: SBB will return, we are running for a Member of the BiH Presidency
May 22, 2026
BiH FM to participate at GLOBSEC Forum 2026
May 22, 2026
Duran sentenced to 43 Years in Prison for the Murder of Nadira Sahacic
May 22, 2026
Intensifying Cooperation between the judiciary of BiH and Croatia
May 22, 2026
Former Workers of the Zenica Brown Coal Mine threaten Hunger Strike
May 22, 2026
Anniversary of the Death of Twelve Babies over Lack of Oxygen in Banja Luka
May 22, 2026
BiH FM Files a Criminal Complaint Regarding the Opening of the Border Crossing in Bosanska Gradiška
May 22, 2026
Belgium launches Investigation into ‘Sniper Safaris’ during Bosnian War
May 22, 2026
Federal Ministry of Transport – More than 21 Million BAM for road Infrastructure
May 22, 2026
Deadline for Submission of Applications for Certification of Political Parties expires Today
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?