By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: New Hope in Konjic: New Homes Provided for Flood-Affected Families
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > New Hope in Konjic: New Homes Provided for Flood-Affected Families
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

New Hope in Konjic: New Homes Provided for Flood-Affected Families

Published: June 16, 2025
Share
SHARE

Fifteen families from the Konjic municipality, who lost their roofs over their heads in the October floods, signed contracts on Statehood Day – November 25th last year – with the organization Pomozi.ba, which secured 100.000 BAM for their housing.

In addition to them, other donors were invited to join so that, with combined funds, families could be enabled to purchase houses, apartments, or land for construction. The Riyasat of the Islamic Community of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) and the humanitarian organization Merhamet also took part in all activities, with the technical support of the City of Konjic.

Yesterday, the activities for the permanent resolution of the housing issue for Konjic residents entered a concrete and visible phase –preparatory works began and construction sites were opened. Some residents of Buturovic Polje have already moved into their new homes.

“I am overwhelmed with emotion, I can‘t even speak. But thanks to everyone who helped, especially our mayor and Elvir. Everything managed to be completed,“ said Becir Hakalovic, one of the aid beneficiaries.

His fellow resident, Munira Arnaut, is soon moving into a new home.

“I am indescribably happy to have my own home while I am alive. May this never happen to anyone again,” she said, recalling the dramatic moments when the water reached her very doorstep.

The organization Pomozi.ba has so far donated about 10 million BAM for areas affected by floods, and the president of the association, Elvir Karalic, announced the imminent completion of works in Donja Jablanica, which, as he said, will conclude the aid activities related to last year’s floods.

According to data from the City of Konjic, housing has already been provided for 116 families. The citizens, according to the City Administration, expressed the wish to remain in their Neretvica valley, on their own land, which additionally motivated the local government and donors.

“This part of the aid is slowly being rounded off. In addition to houses, we are also working on infrastructure reconstruction – we are talking about an area of 300 square kilometers and we are constantly in the field,” said Mayor Osman Catic.

Public calls by the European Union (EU) are also ongoing for the selection of aid beneficiaries for the construction and rehabilitation of housing units destroyed or damaged in the 2024 floods, as well as a call by the Federal Ministry for Displaced Persons and Refugees, to which Konjic citizens have also applied, BHRT writes.

Increase of unvaccinated Children despite the legal Obligation and Fines in BiH
Worker in BiH found and returned almost 2, 000 BAM
The Largest Mast and Flag of BiH placed on Hum Hill above Sarajevo
Six Thousand People walking towards Potocari
Cazin and Livno soon to get the Status of Cities?
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Rizvic and Shikanova thrilled at Vucko Trail 2025
Next Article Trump Says It Is “Possible” That The U.S. “Might Get Involved” In The Israel-Iran Conflict
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

1.7 Million BAM worth Monument to be built in Banja Luka
August 21, 2026
The Cantonal Police Department has secured more than 40 Public Gatherings
August 21, 2026
Duma: I Never Wanted to Make a Film About the Community, but a Film With the Community
August 21, 2026
Helicopter of BiH AF once again extinguishes the Fire in the Area of Bosansko Grahovo
August 21, 2026
Genocide Victims respond to Vucic’s Request for Mladic’s Treatment
August 21, 2026
Solomun in front of the Eternal Fire Tonight!
August 21, 2026
French EUFOR Reserve Units Arrive in Bosnia and Herzegovina by Air and Road
August 21, 2026
Céline Sciamma: The Camera Can Give a Soul to an Ordinary Object
August 21, 2026
Austrian Reserve Forces arrive in BiH for EUFOR ”Quick Response 2026”
August 21, 2026
Asghar Farhadi: Life is Never Linear
August 21, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?