By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: OSCE: Raid against Klix.ba is a Clear Attack on Media Freedom
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > OSCE: Raid against Klix.ba is a Clear Attack on Media Freedom
OTHER NEWS

OSCE: Raid against Klix.ba is a Clear Attack on Media Freedom

Published: December 30, 2014
Share
SHARE

OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media Dunja Mijatović urged the authorities in Bosnia and Herzegovina today to do their utmost to stop persecuting journalists and to respect their right to protect their sources, following a raid by the police on the offices of Klix.ba in Sarajevo and subsequent detention of key staff.

klix“This is a grave and disproportionate intrusion into the journalists’ right to report about public interest issues,” Mijatović said. ”While fully recognizing the importance of rule of law, I consider this case to constitute unacceptable treatment of the media in a democratic society.”

Following a court order issued by the Cantonal Court in Sarajevo, police raided the offices of Klix.ba on 29 December. Reportedly, the police seized computers, documents, notes and other items from the offices.

Almost the entire staff of Klix.ba was asked to leave the premises, while editor Jasmin Hadžiahmetović, directors Dario Šimić and Mario Šimić and journalist Edita Gorjanac were detained for questioning. They were later released and the police also left the premises.

“Protection of sources is a crucial element of investigative journalism. Detention, interrogation and pressure on members of the media to reveal their sources is simply unacceptable,” Mijatović said.

The Representative has previously raised concern about the summoning of journalists from Klix.ba by the Interior Ministry of Republika Srpska (RS) in Bosnia and Herzegovina, following an audio recording which was published in Klix.ba (see http://www.osce.org/fom/129941).

Mijatović also noted that the Municipal Court in Travnik issued an injunction on 24 December prohibiting the Federal Network Television (FTV) from reporting on three police officers from the Interior Ministry of the Central Bosnia Canton. The police officers had previously filed libel charges against FTV for reporting on allegations of illegal drug trafficking.

“This is yet another case that gives cause for concern about how media and journalists are treated in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The deteriorating media freedom trend needs to be reversed and I call on the authorities to immediately look into these issues,” Mijatović said.

 

(Source: osce/ photo osce)

Dodik: You should not deny. How not to deny a lie?
B&H Citizens pay Tribute to the Victims of Attacks in Paris (gallery)
Delta Strain of the coronavirus has been detected in Republika Srpska
TASS: Russia’s Relations with BiH to develop despite sanctions – Putin
More than 50,000 People will benefit from Projects supported by the European Union
TAGGED:#BiH#free#journalism#klix#police#recordings#ZeljkaCvijanovicOSCEPOLITICS
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Brutal Attack on Freedom of Speech and Journalist Rights!
Next Article Official Statement: Unit of BiH Armed Forces Deployed to Mission in Afghanistan
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Solomun Turned Sarajevo’s Eternal Flame Into a Giant Dance Floor
August 22, 2026
Ban on the Symbol of the Army of the Republic of BiH goes before the Constitutional Court
August 22, 2026
Active Fires at several Locations near Trebinje
August 22, 2026
International Day of Remembrance for Victims of Violence Based on Religion or Belief
August 22, 2026
Large Road Corridor is being launched, it will also pass through BiH
August 22, 2026
Cantonal Police confirms: Not a single Incident at more than 50 Public Gatherings
August 22, 2026
Who Is Lobbying for Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Interests?
August 22, 2026
Prixx Cineplexx Audience Award Goes to THE WIDOWER
August 22, 2026
Situation at the Fire Site near Bosansko Grahovo is stable after the Rain
August 22, 2026
Paleocrassas: Being Observed Without Judgment can be Surprisingly Empowering
August 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?