By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Re-exhumation of previously buried Victims of Genocide
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > OUR FINDINGS > OTHER NEWS > Re-exhumation of previously buried Victims of Genocide
OTHER NEWSOUR FINDINGS

Re-exhumation of previously buried Victims of Genocide

Published: July 13, 2023
Share
SHARE

By order of the Prosecutor’s Office of Bosnia and Herzegovina, re-exhumations of previously buried victims of the genocide committed in 1995 in Srebrenica have begun in the cemetery of the Srebrenica Memorial Center – Potočari.

The spokeswoman of the Institute for Missing Persons of BiH, Emza Fazlić, told Fena news agency that in the coming days, until July 19, when the exhumations will last, 71 graves will be opened again, in order to add the remains of the previously buried victims that were identified after their burial.

In many cases, the reassociation of the skeletal remains will be attended by the families of the victims, upon whose approval and with whose consent the exhumation is carried out, and the entire procedure will last seven days.

Eleven re-exhumations have already been carried out, and 12 more graves will be opened today.

“During the reexhumation, the remains of the brothers, father and son will be exhumed together and removed from the graves. Among others, Karić Džemal and his son Edin, Abdurahmanović brothers Izet and Mirzet, Pehratović brothers Lutvo and Muharem will be reexhumed,” said Fazlić.

When it comes to the reexhumations that are being carried out this year, they are mostly about the remains of victims that were exhumed from mass graves in Kamenica, and which were identified after an audit was carried out in morgues in BiH.

In the Srebrenica – Potočari Memorial Center, 985 exhumations have been carried out so far, and with these 71, that number will exceed one thousand.

“Thus, thousands of those killed year after year, after the committed genocide, we added their bones and opened old wounds. On eight occasions, individual exhumations were also carried out, while this is the 14th collective reexhumation in Potočari,” said Fazlić.

Association Pomozi.ba and Startup Goody.ba organize joint Humanitarian Action
Two-Day Conference on Jahorina “Local Elections 2012-Analysis of Electoral Process”
Project ”Woman from Krajina – The Leader of Change: Weekend seminar ”With knowledge to health”
BiH Embassy does not have data on the Number of BiH Citizens in Ukraine
Orthodox Christians Celebrate Christmas Eve Today
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article BiH Chief Prosecutor met with IRMCT President
Next Article Returnee was taken to the Police because he complained about the Concert on Srebrenica Genocide Anniversary
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Mechanism Prosecutor Brammertz Concludes Mission to Kigali
May 20, 2026
Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of BiH on an Official Visit to Turkey
May 20, 2026
Alkalaj: US will be much more active in the Process of selecting a new HR and the work of the OHR
May 20, 2026
Vice President of RS files Criminal Charges against Finance Minister
May 20, 2026
EU Delegation Condemns Amidzic’s Speech: Incendiary Statements Addressed to Zijad Krnjić and Bosniaks Unacceptable
May 20, 2026
World Cup Fever Grips BiH as Sticker Mania Unites Generations
May 20, 2026
Krnjic: Chauvinistic and Islamophobic Statements show Amidzic’s true Face
May 20, 2026
Slovenian Journalists expose Network of Suspicious Transactions behind Viaduct Affair
May 20, 2026
Minister Amidzic after the Opening of the New Border Crossing: Political Victory of Republika Srpska
May 20, 2026
Preparations underway for the Signing of the Southern Interconnection Agreement in Washington
May 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?