By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Russian Media write about the ‘Resignation’ of Aleksandar Vucic
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Russian Media write about the ‘Resignation’ of Aleksandar Vucic
WORLD NEWS

Russian Media write about the ‘Resignation’ of Aleksandar Vucic

Published: March 29, 2025
Share
SHARE

The President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vucic, has set a condition for his resignation, Russian media report.

“If it is proven that security forces used a sound cannon at the protest held in Belgrade on March 15th, I will resign,” Vucic stated.

“I am telling you now – if our troops used a sound cannon… I am no longer president. You pathetic liars, shame on you,” Russian media cite Vucic.

Russian media add that opposition supporters previously accused Serbian authorities of allegedly ordering the use of a “sound cannon” to disperse demonstrations in Belgrade.

“In response, Serbian authorities stated that they are ready to involve the Russian FSB and the United States (U.S.) FBI in the investigation.”

Russian media, in an article titled “You should be ashamed – Vucic made an unexpected statement,” write about Vucic’s “unusual statement,” referring to his offer to resign if reports of security forces using sonic weapons against demonstrators in Belgrade are confirmed.

The Serbian Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Defense, and the Security Intelligence Agency categorically rejected the allegations that a “sound cannon” was used, Russian media pointed out.

At a cabinet meeting on Sunday, Vucic called on Justice Minister Maja Popovic to find out who is spreading accusations about the authorities’ use of a “sonic cannon,” while the Prosecutor’s Office ordered the Ministry of Internal Affairs to conduct an investigation.

They also highlight a statement by the Russian ambassador to Belgrade, Aleksandr Botsan-Kharchenko, that “Serbia’s non-alignment with sanctions against Russia is one of the reasons why Europe is secretly undermining and destabilizing Serbia.”

“The main reasons for dissatisfaction with Serbia lie in two things: active, clear, long-term rejection of anti-Russian sanctions in Brussels. The Serbian leadership has withstood pressure, threats, and the trial use of secondary sanctions from the collective West for not joining the anti-Russian measures,” Kharchenko said.

“One piece of evidence that a sound cannon was used against demonstrators – and I am no longer president,” Russian media cite Vucic.

Another Russian media outlet writes, quoting Vucic, that the provided evidence indicates the absence of such weapon use and that international experts support this conclusion.

At a press conference in Brussels, Vucic emphasized that he does not need immunity because he is not a criminal, Russian media report.

He expressed confidence in the legitimacy of the actions of Serbian authorities and said: “One piece of evidence that a sound cannon was used against demonstrators – and I am no longer president.” Vucic noted that the opposition is trying to use this case to discredit his government but relies on the objectivity of international experts to determine the truth.

The largest demonstrations in decades were held in Belgrade on March 15th, Russian media recall.

“According to official data, 107.000 people participated. However, according to calculations by the Public Assembly Archive organization, the actual number of demonstrators could have reached 325.000. During a 15-minute silence dedicated to the victims of the collapse of a concrete canopy at the Novi Sad Railway Station, a muffled sound was heard in the crowd, after which panic broke out – participants fled in different directions. The opposition accused the police of using sonic weapons, whose use is prohibited by Serbian law,” this Russian media outlet points out.

Opposition representatives also stated that shortly before the incident, law enforcement agencies left the area, and victims later sought medical assistance with characteristic symptoms, it is added, N1 writes.

US President comments on the Hostage Release
ROMACTED Programme has mobilised significant Financial and Human Resources in the Western Balkans
Dodik wrote to Trump: “Mr. President, take care, we need you to win!
Iran responds to EU Measures: Union Troops declared Terrorist
Numerous Road Routes in Croatia are closed to Traffic, Sea Lines are also interrupted
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Glaciers could disappear by the End of the 21st Century
Next Article Von der Leyen: To Avoid War, Europe Must Prepare for It
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Konakovic and Doughty discussed Bilateral Relations between BiH and the United Kingdom
May 19, 2026
BiH among Nineteen Countries in Europol’s Action
May 19, 2026
Contract worth 74 Million BAM signed for the Procurement of new Technologies for Elections in BiH
May 19, 2026
President of the Federation of BiH spoke with the Chargé d’Affaires of the United States Embassy
May 19, 2026
Helez and Hunter discussed Military Cooperation Programs between BiH and Maryland
May 19, 2026
Kerim Alajbegovic Named Player of the Season in the Austrian Bundesliga
May 19, 2026
Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?