By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Sanin Musa Cancels Religious Meeting After Talks With FUP
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > POLITICS > Sanin Musa Cancels Religious Meeting After Talks With FUP
POLITICS

Sanin Musa Cancels Religious Meeting After Talks With FUP

Published: August 14, 2025
Share
SHARE

Sanin Musa, the leader of the political movement Faith, People, State, canceled his trip to Široki Brijeg to pray together, after being questioned by the Federal Police Administration. Musa was detained this morning on the road near Jablanica, after he had previously announced the arrival of about 1,000 believers in Široki Brijeg as a form of protest for the recent attack on a woman who was praying in a public area.

A few days ago, a video from Široki Brije was published, which recorded a verbal attack on a woman praying in a public area. In the video, an unknown man can be seen interrupting the woman in prayer and ordering her to leave.

The video caused violent reactions, insults and threats on national and religious grounds. And because of the aforementioned case, the leader of the political movement Sanin Musa intended to hold a joint prayer in this city, but the FUP prevented him from doing so.

“Yesterday, we received a written notification from the Široki Brijeg Police Department, or rather the ZHK Police Department, that a public gathering was prohibited. We called him for that reason to inform him that the competent Police Department and the competent Cantonal Police Department did not approve the gathering in Široki Brijeg that they had scheduled, and therefore this decision should be respected,” said Vahidin Munjić, acting director of the Federal Police Department.

Although the Federal Police Department emphasizes that Musa was not arrested or detained, but that he voluntarily responded to an information interview, Musa claims the opposite. He spent more than three hours in the Federal Police Department and states that he was held as a suspect, under the dispatch of the Prosecutor’s Office of the West Herzegovina Canton, which charges him with inciting racial, religious, national and other hatred.

“I want to apologize to them at the end of the day for what turned out the way it did. I had the intention, the desire to go all the way. My ultimate goal, the destination was the prayer in Široki Brijeg, due to known circumstances, but I say I was detained, I think it was done consciously on purpose,” said Musa.

The Široki Brijeg Police Department previously banned the gathering, and the City Administration announced that the police will conduct increased traffic controls and identification of suspicious persons, all in connection with the announced events for which a decision was issued to ban peaceful gatherings in accordance with the Law.

We call on citizens not to fall for provocations, to remain calm, prudent and dignified, and to follow only official notifications from the competent institutions. The Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Croatia is ready to respond to all security challenges and protect the interests of our fellow citizens – the City Administration of Široki Brijeg announced.

At the now-cancelled rally, around a thousand people were announced, but only 6 people showed up in Jablanica. The president of the Islamic Community Majlis in Jablanica, Jasmin Hujdur, said that they do not support gatherings in front of their mosque. All of the above is actually a sufficient message to anyone who wants to cause any kind of unrest, says Sevlid Hurtić, Minister of Human Rights and Refugees of BiH. Hurtić called on the competent local institutions to investigate both today’s event and the case that preceded it – which was the ban on women praying.

“If Široki Brijeg had publicly distanced itself from the first thing that happened, everything would probably have happened in a different context, there would not have been such a manifestation, I think that the revolts on the portals are also based on the fact that the authorities in Široki Brijeg were silent, they had to react at the same moment, condemn it and I think that this thing would not have happened,” added Hurtić.

Hurtić called for the situation to calm down. In any case, it is necessary to seek individual responsibility, and actions should not be identified with one nation or religion.

Covic: I see no Reason why the High Representative should make any new Decisions
Analysis: The strongest Party within the Eight was left without a single Delegate
New and Old Faces: Who are the potential Candidates for the Presidency of BiH?
Stjepan Mesić Will Visit Bihać Today
BiH Foreign Minister met with the OSCE Chairman
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Sarajevo Run Fest 2025: The Largest Running Event Returns To The Capital Of BiH
Next Article Trump believes that he will reach an Agreement with Putin
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2KFollowersLike
10.1KFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Şerban: The Drama Has to Be Unaware of You, And You Need to Forget You Are in the Seat
August 20, 2026
Big Transfer: Ermedin Demirovic goes to Galatasaray for 20 Million Euros
August 20, 2026
Solomun returns to the Eternal Fire: Sarajevo ready for the great Music Spectacle
August 20, 2026
“Under Scrutiny” warns of the uneven Practice of Sanctioning the Abuse of Children for Political Purposes
August 20, 2026
Docu Press Corner: Personal Stories Between Reality and Memory
August 20, 2026
Lejla Njemcevic once again among the Top Ten Female Cyclists in the World
August 20, 2026
Wage Salaries in Bosnia and Herzegovina Quickly Wiped Out by Rising Prices
August 20, 2026
BiH Gets More Favorable Conditions for Electricity Export, Savings of up to 13 Million Euros Annually
August 20, 2026
Chairman of BiH Presidency meets with the Delegation of the Coordination of Basic Veterans’ Associations of FBiH
August 20, 2026
Donation from Austria: 45 new Electric Beds for the Cantonal Hospital in Bihac
August 20, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?