By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: State Department: Israel is conducting “limited operations” against Hezbollah in Lebanon
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > State Department: Israel is conducting “limited operations” against Hezbollah in Lebanon
WORLD NEWS

State Department: Israel is conducting “limited operations” against Hezbollah in Lebanon

Published: October 1, 2024
Share
SHARE

Israel has notified the United States (US) that it is currently conducting “limited operations” against Hezbollah in Lebanon, the State Department announced late Monday.

“We have been advised that they are currently conducting limited operations targeting Hezbollah infrastructure near the border,” spokesman Matthew Miller told reporters.

He added that the US administration was involved in talks with the Israelis.

“I’ll let Israel talk about its military operations,” Miller said when asked about the “limited operation.”

When asked by a reporter how the US defines a “limited operation”, Miller said it is the Israeli definition, not the US definition.

Regarding civilian casualties in Israeli attacks in Lebanon, Miller said that the US “absolutely” does not want civilian infrastructure to be targeted, adding that Hezbollah’s goals are legitimate for the Israeli military.

“We support attacks on Hezbollah,” Miller said, but he repeated previous statements by the US administration, calling for diplomacy in the conflict between Israel and Hezbollah and saying the US would not abandon diplomacy.

Israeli military vehicles began moving towards the Lebanese border amid announcements of ground attacks. According to eyewitnesses, the sounds of military vehicles were heard moving towards the town of Abel al-Kamh, opposite the border settlement of al-Vezzani in southern Lebanon, which the Israeli army is bombarding with artillery fire.

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant visited armored units in the north of the country this morning and hinted at a ground attack on Lebanon.

Hezbollah and Israel have been at war across the border since the start of Israel’s war in the Gaza Strip, which killed nearly 41,600 people, mostly women and children, following a cross-border attack by the Palestinian group Hamas on October 7 last year.

Israel has been carrying out massive airstrikes in Lebanon since September 23, killing more than 960 people and injuring more than 2,770 others.

The international community warns that Israeli attacks on Lebanon could escalate into a wider regional war.

Guterres: We Commemorate 30 Years Since the Srebrenica Genocide, the Worst Atrocity on European Soil Since WWII
FC 26 SBC Grind vs Buying Coins: Which Route Saves More in 2026?
Borrell: No one should ever forget the atrocities perpetrated by the Nazis
Two Members of BiH Presidency Today in Ukraine
Norway has tightened its Rape Laws
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article BH ZEPS Fair opened, more than 400 Exhibitors from 12 Countries present
Next Article The Israeli Army launched a ground Operation in southern Lebanon
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

GSS Prenj founds a Person who went Missing Four Days ago
May 23, 2026
EUFOR Chief of Staff Hosts Netherlands Marechaussee Deputy Commander
May 23, 2026
BiH Ministry of Defense and the BiH Armed Forces participate at the 66th international Military-Police Pilgrimage
May 23, 2026
Ambassador Arnaut spoke in the Bundestag about Cooperation, the Culture of Remembrance
May 23, 2026
Preparations for the World Cup begin: ‘Dragons’ gather in BiH’s Capital
May 23, 2026
42,762 Traffic Accidents recorded in BiH last Year, 117 per Day
May 23, 2026
Where is BiH 34 Years after its admission to the United Nations?
May 23, 2026
COM EUFOR Major General Maurizio Fronda meets with President of the Jewish Community in BiH
May 23, 2026
From Srebrenica to St. Louis: Refugee Brothers Honor Their Roots Through Achievement and Resilience
May 22, 2026
Bosnia and Herzegovina Marks 34 Years of United Nations Membership
May 22, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?