By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Texas Floods Claim Over 70 Lives, 27 Girls Reported Missing
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > Texas Floods Claim Over 70 Lives, 27 Girls Reported Missing
WORLD NEWS

Texas Floods Claim Over 70 Lives, 27 Girls Reported Missing

Published: July 7, 2025
Share
SHARE

Flash floods in central Texas have killed at least 70 people, including 43 in Kerr County, including 15 children and at least eight in surrounding counties, as rescuers continue their desperate search for the missing.

Twenty-seven girls are missing since a wall of water swept through their summer camp. Aside from the children at the Mystic Summer Camp along the Guadalupe River where most of the dead were found, authorities have not said how many others are missing.

Kerr County Sheriff Larry Leitha said last night that the search would continue until everyone was found.

The devastating Guadalupe River surged 26 feet in just 45 minutes before dawn on Friday, sweeping away homes and vehicles. The danger was not over as heavy rain continued to fall outside San Antonio on Saturday, and flood warnings remained in effect.

Rescuers used helicopters, boats and drones to search for victims and try to rescue people trapped in trees and in campsites cut off by destroyed roads.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott said authorities would work around the clock and search new areas as the water receded. He declared a day of prayer for the US state on Friday.

Authorities are investigating whether camps and residents in areas long prone to flooding were given adequate warning and whether there was enough preparation.

The hills along the Guadalupe River in central Texas are dotted with youth camps and centuries-old campgrounds where generations of families have come to swim and enjoy nature. The area is especially popular around the Fourth of July holiday, making it even harder to determine how many people are missing.

Flash flood warnings remain in effect for central Texas over the weekend.

About 850 people have been rescued so far.

At a press conference yesterday afternoon, Texas Governor Greg Abbott said he had signed a disaster declaration to boost the search.

Officials said they were searching along the banks of the Guadalupe River in an attempt to find survivors.

Photo: The New York Times video screenshot

EU-Central Asia: 11th High-Level Political and Security Dialogue held in Brussels
Once Children of War-Torn BiH, today Businessmen of Silicon Valley
Cudic Addresses U.S. Congress, Urges Bold Global Reforms
A new Strain of COVID-19 has arrived, Experts are worried
Aleksandar Vucic spoke with the President of Russia
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Milk Production reduced on Farms due to Heat
Next Article A Kilogram of Wheat is cheaper than a Roll – Farmers threaten Protests and Blockades
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

EUFOR and NATO Cooperation remains essential in supporting domestic Institutions
May 15, 2026
7,561 Missing Persons are still being searched for in BiH
May 15, 2026
Due to the lack of Judges, more than 13,000 Pending Cases
May 15, 2026
New Commander of NATO HQ Sarajevo: We remain committed to a secure and stable Future for all Citizens of BiH
May 15, 2026
A Magnitude 6.3 Earthquake struck northern Japan
May 15, 2026
Minister Forto: Solution for Drivers adopted
May 15, 2026
After Shutting Down New Steelwork, Pre-Bankruptcy Proceedings for Toplana Begin
May 15, 2026
High School Graduates Secretly Renovate Teacher’s Worn-Out Car to Support Her Animal Rescue Work
May 15, 2026
Cvijanovic continued her Visits to Washington, met with Two congressmen
May 15, 2026
International Police Operation codenamed”Linx” and Expert Warnings
May 15, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?