By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Search
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: The Islamic State Group has claimed Responsibility for an Attack in Istanbul
Share
Font ResizerAa
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Font ResizerAa
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
  • W&N
Search
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
    • BH & EU
  • BUSINESS
  • BH TOURISM
  • INTERVIEWS
    • BH & EU
    • BUSINESS
    • ARTS
  • SPORT
  • ARTS
    • CULTURE
    • ENTERTAINMENT
  • W&N
Follow US
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All rights reserved.
Sarajevo Times > Blog > WORLD NEWS > The Islamic State Group has claimed Responsibility for an Attack in Istanbul
WORLD NEWS

The Islamic State Group has claimed Responsibility for an Attack in Istanbul

Published: January 29, 2024
Share
SHARE

The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for an attack on a Roman Catholic church in Istanbul that killed one person. In a statement, they stated that “a group of Christian non-believers during their polytheistic ceremony” was attacked in the Church of Santa Maria in the Bujukdere neighborhood of Istanbul.

The announcement, along with photos of two attackers with rifles, was published on Amak, the Islamic State’s media.

Turkish Interior Minister Ali Yerlikaya said two men he said were members of Islamic State had been arrested in connection with the attack. One of the suspects is from Tajikistan, and the other is from Russia.

Turkish authorities said one person was killed and no one was injured. Yerlikaya said police searched 30 locations and detained 47 people as part of the investigation into the attack, Beta news agency writes.

Photo ©️ Illustration

President Agius to pay official visit to the Republic of Croatia next week
Israeli Planes carried out fierce Attacks east of Gaza during Night
Israeli Military imposes Movement Ban in Southern Lebanon
Trump’s Envoy announced the end of the War in Ukraine
The Resolution on Srebrenica will soon be presented at the General Assembly of the UN
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Threads Bluesky Email Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article How much Money was “laundered” last Year in BiH?
Next Article A Suspect was arrested for the Murder of a Young Man in Sarajevo
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

10.2kFollowersLike
10.1kFollowersFollow
414FollowersFollow

Latest News

Second Victim of the Shooting in Kiseljak dies
May 18, 2026
Exhibition “Erasmus Spain and BiH – a Journey of Culture and Creativity” opened
May 18, 2026
Gunman in Kiseljak Dies After Killing One and Seriously Injuring Another
May 18, 2026
EUFOR Commander Praises Irish Contribution to Peace and Stability in BiH
May 18, 2026
First comprehensive Cancer Prevention Research completed in BiH with EU Support
May 18, 2026
Nebojsa Vukanovic confirms His Candidacy for the Member of BiH Presidency
May 18, 2026
Members of the BiH Border Police prevent the Smuggling of 14 Foreign Citizens
May 18, 2026
Federal Police Administration arrests Four Persons in Sarajevo
May 18, 2026
Young Innovator Ahmed Guso wins First Place at international Competition in Indonesia
May 18, 2026
11 Mountain Peaks over 2,000 Meters, Eight “Mountain Eyes,” and 17 Icy Rivers and Streams in BiH
May 18, 2026
Sarajevo TimesSarajevo Times
Follow US
© 2012 Sarajevo Times. All Rights Reserved.
  • ABOUT US
  • IMPRESSUM
  • NEWSLETTER
  • CONTACT
Go to mobile version
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?